|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
The Private Sector Development (PSD) Team Lead is responsible for executing all programmatic activities related to the private sector development and engagement component within a project focused on agricultural development, including management of all related budget and staff .
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Develop strategies to engage the private sector, including, standards, tools, and best practices, while leveraging a market systems approach, to achieve project targets.
- Execute interventions that meaningfully engage the private sector and aim to address the “missing middle” linkages with SMEs.
- Conduct mapping exercises, business assessments, and case studies on relevant private sector entities and actors to inform programmatic implementation. This may include research and outreach, in coordination with the Country Director, to stakeholders including donors, international embassies, financial institutions, NGOs, and government institutions, as well as key private sector entities.
- Lead activities such as private sector outreach and networking, training materials development, training and coaching session facilitation, and Business Development Service (BDS) service provider outreach.
- Adapt and deliver training and workshops on private sector engagement and market-based approaches to staff and partners, while providing ongoing mentoring and coaching to colleagues.
- Represent Heifer by participating in networking with private sector leaders, such as corporate responsibility round tables, business foundation forums, and other relevant events to build visibility of Heifer and programming.
- Support Adaptive Management, by collecting and analysing program data, identifying best practices and lessons learned, and distributing this information through internal reports backed up by research and case studies.
- Define appropriate monitoring systems and indicators, liaising with the country office to ensure alignment with organizational priorities.
- As requested, additional tasks in alignment with Heifer International’s overall project goals.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Agronomics, or a related field is required.
- 10-15 years of experience in private sector development.
- Strong background and experience working on activities centered on markets systems development and agriculture.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Strong experience managing teams under donor-funded programs.
- Preferred integrating business development services within programming.
- Strong skill set in industry networking, particularly within agriculture-based sectors, facilitating access to finance, management of grants, development of Public-Private Partnerships, analysis of value chains, and capacity building of business service providers.
- Significant networking and relationship management skills, as well as project management expertise.
- Understanding of key approaches and best practices in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including adaptive management.
- Demonstrated experience working in programming that addresses gender inequalities, including the promotion of women entrepreneurs.