|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Awash Wine S.C.
Wine making has been a part of the Ethiopian culture for more than a millennium, dating back to the Axumite era. Although this traditional method has survived all that time, the methods, quality and variety stayed the same. In 1943 GC (1936 Ethiopian Calendar), a Greek family started the first winery in Ethiopia around followed by an Italian family who established their winery at Mekanisa. The two ventures where nationalized in 1973 and regrouped in one entity that was named Awash Wine. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the country’s most loved brands-a market leader that is interwoven with the cultural fabric of the county.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The P&CI Manager is responsible for running the P&CI Function and is a trusted partner for Shareholders and Executive Leadership team in achieving business objectives, driving, and implementing improvements in the organisation’s processes and strengthening the internal control environment. The P&CI Manager is the custodian of Awash Wine Internal Controls and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Framework.
- Develop effective and efficient audit methodologies, reporting templates and annual audit plan.
- Execute a minimum of three major audits (incl. at least 1 special review/investigation by the request of management)
- Ensures that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently reviewed/tested for correct execution, completeness, proper documentation and compliance with set standard and procedure.
- All controls executed either manually or automated in the system shall be review/audited at least once a year (for all department).
- A report and remediation actions shall be presented to Management and responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Tracks and monitors the progress of remediating activities
- Builds process improvement capabilities through training and people development in cooperation with HR
- Challenges existing processes to identify improvement opportunities using benchmarks and external best practices.
- Assist management and drives the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management process (and define Template or framework to be used for). Identifies relevant risks for the business. Analyses, measures, and evaluates risks.
- Conducts Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business, ensures relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drives the creation of risk responses. This also includes new and emerging risks.
- Raises fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures.
- Drives fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and addressing them through strong process and control design and testing (incl. updating procedures and policies)
- Ensure that all Awash policies, procedures, regulations, binding contract agreements and key controls are documented in appropriate manner.
- BA Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting from a recognized institution
- Minimum 8-12 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting with 2 years in a similar position
- Working knowledge and understanding of Audit, investigation, process risk management, internal control, process management, fraud management & compliance.
All Qualified and interested candidates can apply online through Ethiojobs by sending an application letter and CV on or before September 16, 2021.