|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2021|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per the organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a professional Procurement Advisor who is a strategic thinker and has strong analytical and negotiation skills to ensure a smooth supply chain operation of the organization by leading the timely and cost-effective acquisition and delivery of locally and internationally procured office use goods with the desired quality.
Key Result Areas:
- Sourcing and supplier selection
- Procurement operations and database management
- Spend management
- Procurement compliance (e.g. Donor policies, rules and regulations)
- Vendor performance management
Sounds like you? Read on!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee transparent and cost-effective procurement according to consolidated and prioritized procurement plan.
- Coordinate centralized platform contract management, ensuring solicitation of suppliers or renewal well before contract expiration.
- Maintain well documented procurement records and a procurement database.
- Ensure procurement compliance with PSI, GoE, Donor policies, rules and regulations.
- Develop evaluation criteria, present for approval and prepare bid document for open bid.
- Ensure All purchase requests are complete up on presentation, register in procurement desk (tracking tool) and/or E-procurement system, follow the progress trough out the procurement system.
- Make sure the requesters are updated with the process developments trough system notification and other communication platforms.
- Timely completion of the monthly procurement KPIs reporting through DHIS2 on time.
- Lead the process of initiating Vendor shortlisting exercise and maintain an updated vendor database.
- Manage all open purchase order’s and long-term contracts, indefinite quantity Contracts (IQC), Lease agreements from approval thorough delivery using Quick Book Enterprise (QBE) software, PO-PR tracking sheet and vendor/contract Database.
- Identify systems and solutions to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the strategic procurement process including finding ways to increase number of vendors tied to Long Term contracts.
- Lead the process of identifying key performance indicators for vendor performance monitoring and perform quality assurance for the procurement function based on the key performance indicators approved by Management.
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Assist immediate manager in preparation and implementation of work plans, budgets and schedules.
- Prepare, communicate and implement weekly and daily work schedules for his or her section.
- Coordinate and supervise daily operations and service delivery within his or her section.
- Coach, train, educate and mentor subordinates and support them in handling complex issues in their assigned duties.
- Evaluate and report the periodic performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback and support to improve their performance.
- Provide support to immediate manager in all matters related to the management and supervision of subordinates, operations and resources within his or her section.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Management, Business Administration, or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and database management tools
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Procurement Advisor Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 17, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.