|Location||Semera, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Procurement and Fleet Officer is accountable for ensuring the overall programme procurement and supplies are met and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SC systems, polices, and procedures. And for ensuring the overall fleet management Under the supervision and guidance of the Supply Chain Coordinator, the Fleet Officer is responsible for the day to day management SCI Owned and coordination of rented light vehicles and freight transport requests, handle vehicle database and related documentations, processing payments for rental vehicles and freight transport. and services are met and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SC systems, polices, and procedures.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement and Supplies management
- Ensure that all supplies requests from the programs are facilitated in a professional manner and following the logistics and financial guidelines of SC Ethiopia.
- Ensure that all procurement of goods and services are carried out with the objective of obtaining the best value for money and the best possible service to the requesters
- Ensure that goods and supplies are procured and delivered to the warehouses in line with the quantity, quality and specification stated in the Purchase requests
- Ensure that all procured items are delivered to the warehouses and proper warehouse documents are issued
- Work in close cooperation with the Finance Department to ensure full audit compliance of all procurement activities and to guarantee total transparency and accountability
- Conduct regular market analysis of SC required items and provide quarterly reports to the Procurement Coordinator
- Facilitate supplier’s payment processes and documentations for audit trails
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of SC resources in order to obtain the best value for money in the best interest of the organisation.
- Ensure that all procurement and supply requirements are procured and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with the requesting departments/projects.
- Facilitate computer and assets and property repair/s maintenance services with agreed maintenance service providers
- Ensure appropriate documentation, tracking and filing of all procurement activities by following standard procedures and guidelines of SCI to ensure traceability of all documents and expenses.
- Ensure appropriate monthly reporting on all procurement activities based on the requirements defined by the supply chain Coordinator.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication links between Afar and CO to ensure appropriate and regular information flow on all requests received as well as to ensure that the requesters get the right items, at the right time and at the right place
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Fleet operation and management
- Plan, schedule and assign in town and field trip movements to meet the travel demand of staffs and guest in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Laisses & collaborate with Field offices to ensure coordinated & optimum utilization of SCI vehicles
- Laisses with drivers, maintenance, programming and safety and security staff to ensure Afar based vehicles are fully maintained, road worthy and function properly to the standards.
- Track and records vehicle movements to ensure all vehicles are operated within set cost and efficacy & safety standards.
- Maintains updated and well organized electronic/paper payment and related documents and records of rented vehicles and other fleet related payments to ensure and facilitate tracking, reporting and auditing
- Ensures all vehicles to be hired by SCI has an insurance coverage and fulfil all other necessary requirements
- Supervises drivers and Radio operator to ensure all fleet data is captured, relevant fleet documents are maintained, updated, and fleet standards are adhered at all times.
- Keeps an eye on critical fleet operational inputs and takes timely actions to safeguard the interest of the organization. Report any incidents on time.
- Ensure unauthorized making of any kind, transfer, or signs is not made to any part of the vehicle.
- Check and Follow up vehicle online requests are authorized, vehicle and drivers are timely assigned and including where applicable taxis following standard fleet practice and all paper and electronic documentation work is well maintained and filed for reporting and audit purposes.
- Prepares periodic reports of vehicles usage and timely submits to the immediate supervisor
- Providing appropriate induction to drivers on driving policy and other fleet standards and ensure all is adhered.
- Ensure all Afar vehicles are neat and clean.
- Ensure that all SCI vehicles are equipped with functioning First Aid kit and Fire extinguishers, standard tools, logos and third party stickers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Monitoring and supervision
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of passenger/staff service.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Has to have very close relationship to drivers
- Laisse with maintenance to ensures inspection of rented light and Truck vehicles and drivers of same are tested to confirm their full functionality before dispatch
- Ensures all rented vehicles maintain appropriately filled and authentic log sheet.
- Facilitates and prepares the necessary documentation for finance for final payment to the trucking, light vehicle, maintenance, insurance, Fuel and taxi agencies after confirming all incoming invoices and relevant documents submitted are accurate
- Maintains appropriate filling of all relevant documents to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes
- Compiles rented light vehicles, trucks, and taxi usage and performance, maintenance, fuel report and insurance expenditure data, prepare period reports and submits to the immediate supervisor
- Perform any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Degree in purchasing and supply chain management, Transport Management Business management, Management and Accounting, Auto mechanic and related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience working in supplies, procurement, logistics co-ordination and Administrative support functions. plus 3 years and above Vehicle dispatch and management experience
- Experience working in NGOs
- Knowledge of computer
- Strong knowledge of Computer Skills, word processing, access and excel and report writing skill,
- Fluency in verbal English required
- Proven experience working in a team.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- 4WD driving experience is an advantage
- Proven experience working in a team, Background in auto mechanics is an asset
- Planning and scheduling knowledge
- Good team player excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and in a diversified and multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s International aims, values and principles.
- 3rd grade driving license with driving experience
- Experience working in INGOs is an added advantage
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Afar Regional State in Ethiopia, Semera filed office. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the