Procurement and Liaison Officer
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2022|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Logistics and Procurement Officer, which reports to the Finance& Admin Manager, is responsible for efficient and satisfactory provision of all Logistics and Procurement activities of the company. S/he is responsible for providing effective and efficient support functions including logistics service, vehicles, stationery and office supplies, store and property management, etc. S/he also assists and facilitates efficient, smooth and cost-effective procurement, warehousing and supply of necessary materials for effective running of all programs /projects of eTech S.C.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for both procurement and logistics of eTech S.C
2. Receives approved purchase requisitions, collects proforma invoices as per the directives thereon, present the same for evaluation, and purchase approval.
3. Responsible to collect Proforma invoices and buy items approved as per the delegation thereon.
4. Presents the approved purchase with the approved documents, draws money or cheque, and concludes the purchase.
5. Delivers purchased item to the Store or other person authorized to receive item and secures receipt for the delivery.
6. Returns leftover money to the cashier and settles account for the withdrawal made.
7. Keeps properly purchase files and related documents.
8. Collects documents from bank, custom office, post office, etc.
9. Provides information about suppliers including problems faced with suppliers to request further assistance.
10. Handles the overall procurement activities and other related tasks of eTech S.C, which include procurement, assets control, supply, and service
11. Provide effective integrated support including the issue of logistics and assets (vehicles, office supplies, store and property management, and others).
12. Work in close collaboration with the Finance manager and facilitate procurement of goods and services for eTech S.C.
13. Assists and facilitates efficient, smooth and cost-effective logistics, procurement, warehousing and supply of necessary materials for effective running of all projects and operations
14. Facilitates the movement of inputs and transport required for smooth running of projects
15. Works with the Finance officer on issues/improvements required to ensure compliance with procurement and financial regulations.
16. Provide technical guidance and assistance to procurement committee of the Company.
17. Solicits bids, quotations, and tender documents; handle the bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyzing them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals, select suppliers and coordinate with procurement committee whenever procurement procedures are asking for.
18. Maintains a close relationship with the Finance Officer to ensure that payments are processed promptly and accurately for purchased goods and services; prepare purchase orders and ensure authorization is received from the Executive Director.
19. Ensure up-to-date inventories, tracking and recording of inventory and fixed assets, and the accurate reflection of these items.
20. Ensures that the organization’s vehicles are inspected, serviced, insured and renewed on time to the required standard; including 3rd party insurance.
21. Monitors, assesses and keeps the management is informed of the quality, efficiency and timeliness of logistics and procurement service activities
22. Keep the list of reliable supplier relationship management
23. Performs other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor
- BA/in Procurement/ Logistics or Supply Chain Management/ Management/ Business Administration or related fields
- 2/4 years of relevant experience on similar /related position. In addition, experience in IT company is advantageous.
- Computer training certificate
- Procurement training certificate (both local and international procurement)
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Having ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Being self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Being flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Having desire and skill to work with others as a team
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communicative skills
- Ability to use technology hardware and software for the betterment of the organization
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Prior experience in the field of liaison or procurement specialist
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Driving license and Ability and skill to drive smoothly in the city is mandatory
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Term of Employment: Permanent
What we will offer
- Attractive salary
- Exciting work environment
- Capacity building opportunities
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled international experts, and be part of a team that provides high-quality services and products.
- A Great professional career path towards excellence
Please compile all your credentials, experience letter, crucial documents in one PDF file and make sure to fill the form properly on the link below and attach your documents on the below link.
Please apply by using the following link:
Procurement and Liaison Officer | eTech S.C. (etechsc.com)