|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Position Title||Procurement and Logistic Assistant|
|Duty Station||Jijiga , Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, SLO Addis Ababa and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the Procurement and Logistics activities for IOM Sub-Office in Jijiga, Ethiopia measured by below objectives:
§ Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money
§ Availability and Quality Assurance
§ Compliance and Stewardship and
§ Productivity, Effectiveness and Efficiency
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Head of Sub-Office on the strategic planning for the Procurement and Logistics needs related to the Sub-Office;
2. Coordinate procurement and logistics activities at the Sub-Office in coordination with the focal staff;
3. Solicit and analyze bids for conformity to specified requirements, conduct supplier appraisals and select suppliers, taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation;
4. Post Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders into PRISM accurately in a timely manner and ensure all project commitments are cleared before projects closure;
5. Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep requestors abreast of delivery lead time and timely inform any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions;
6. Conduct review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with POs/Contracts and goods/works/services received and submit with complete supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time;
7. Initiate and process Long Term Agreement of recurrent requests of goods and services to shorten processing and delivery lead time whenever such requests are received and ensure proper filling of the process;
8. Ensure that all contracting, procurement files are systematically archived and managed with proper labeling;
9. Assess international market through existing and commendable vendors for items/services that cannot be found locally;
10. Coordinate with GPSU for the procurements (NFIs and Medical items) that fall within the centralized IOM Global Long Term Agreements;
11. Ensure proper coordination of International Procurement is done with Customs Clearance focal for required Pre-Import permits and timely update suppliers/forwarder on progress of the process;
12. Timely provide required documents (Copy of Purchase Orders, PRF etc..) to Warehouse colleagues for reception plan and space arrangement;
13. Make sure appropriate monthly closure of open POs and PRs through PRISM is done and necessarily follow up is made for commitments pending clearance;
14. Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum required qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Minimum Five (5) years relevant experience in a similar position, with specific focus on local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, VAT, laws and regulations, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies and management; Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, or NGO’s an advantage; Having a professional course (s) in Procurement and Logistics (e.g. CIPS) is an added value
- Knowledge and experience in use of SAP software is an added value
- Good level of computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Windows / MS Office applications
- Good communication, negotiation skills and analytical skills, ability to interpret information, identify and analyze problems
- Knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of local languages is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 18th of June 2021, the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for Procurement and Logistic Assistant - IOM-SVN/0073/2021). No photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!