|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Procurement and Logistics Manager to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will lead the procurement and logistics processes to ensure the purchase and delivery of quality equipment and materials, as well as goods and services, for the project. Job responsibilities are broad and may include anything necessary to set up and maintain program operations. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Manage the procurement process for the purchase and delivery of goods and services for program activities, including determining procurement requirements, identifying and recommending the most appropriate method of procurement, inspecting goods and services, verifying delivery, and monitoring the use and disposition of goods.
- Supervise the Procurement & Logistics Team.
- Oversee orientation and training of all procurement & logistics staff as required.
- Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry, including equipment allocation and maintenance, and disposition of assets in accordance with Dexis and USAID regulations.
- Ensure all procurements strictly follow Dexis and USAID rules and regulations, and work with vendors to ensure quality control.
- Work closely with grantees for activity procurements and travel regularly to grantees’ offices.
- Ensure completion of excluded party verifications.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements.
- Oversee preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements; and clear procurement documents for signature by the Chief of Party (COP) or his/her designee or the Home Office, when applicable.
- Lead logistics coordination for all activities.
- Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
- Coordinate with grantees and internal staff (Project Development Officers) for start-up and close-out of activities requiring logistical support.
- Any other duties assigned by the COP, Operations Manager, or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience managing procurement and logistics for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID procurement regulations.
- Ability to ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a diverse team environment.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.