|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Procurement Assistants to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Procurement Assistants will support the Procurement and Logistics Manager in preparing and obtaining requests for quotations, documenting vendor selection, maintaining physical and electronic archiving, coordinating material deliveries to project beneficiaries, coordinating logistics under activities, conducting excluded party verifications, and preparing documents as necessary. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa or Oromia, with frequent travel to the Oromia region. The start date is immediate.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Provide administrative support for logistics and procurement activities as requested by the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Request and obtain quotations for all project-related procurements.
- Prepare and issue requests for quotations, receive the proposals, and prepare bid analysis documents.
- Draft purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements for the Procurement and Logistics Manager’s review and approval.
- Document the procurement process and maintain accurate physical and electronic documentation and requisite authorizations in accordance with Dexis and USAID rules and regulations.
- Conduct excluded party verifications for vendors, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Help maintain an updated list of vendors, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Verify the delivery of materials and equipment for program activities.
- Support the coordination of activities that require logistics (events, workshops, transportation, food, lodging).
- Ensure that procurement-related deliverables for program activities are achieved on schedule, in accordance with approved specifications and within the allocated budget. Monitor and track all project procurement activities.
- Maintain an inventory of project assets and equipment, and the provision of office supplies and consumables.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with procurement and logistics for a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID procurement regulations.
- Ability to ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a diverse team environment.
- Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Afaan Oromoo preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application via :
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.