|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the general supervision of the Director, Sourcing and Logistics Department, Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls the purchasing/procurement of raw materials, spare parts and supplies necessary for the operations of the companies under ABIG group. Supervises the entire process of purchasing including the preparation, organization and analysis of bids to assure that commodities are purchased according to the specifications, desired quantities and acceptable prices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
|Provide coordination and control services for all procurement activities related to raw materials, spare parts, and other supplies;|
|Implement policies and procedures designed to assure overall economic purchasing;|
|Establish an efficient system of cost management and budgeting for the section in order to promote the profitability of the company.|
|Report and analyze purchasing performance; Take action if short, mid and long term objectives of the department are on jeopardy.|
|Implement purchasing KPI dashboard in line with the department’s objectives, key risk and performance areas.|
|Manage the Tendering , Negotiation AND Supplier Selection processes ; Ensure availability of Requirements and Conditions prior to tendering.|
|Manage the operational supplier relationships ; Develop and implement supplier evaluation system to track performance of the suppliers; Periodically review and follow up the performance of the suppliers|
Requisite Qualifications and Experience
· BA /MA Degree in Procurement & Supplies Management / Purchasing / Management / Business Management, Statistics, Accounting or other Business related fields from recognized university.
· A minimum of 3 years work experiences preferably at manufacturing industries.
Women applicants are highly encouraged
Skills and Personal Attributes
· Having Innovative and entrepreneurial skills
· Strong leadership skills, able to lead change, mentor, and motivate individuals/teams.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· High analytical abilities
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and Updated CV (WITHOUT ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE) through the following address:
Please mention the specific Position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
N.B. Candidates are encouraged to only apply online.