|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Procurement for services/Contract Officer
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #111/2021
GIZ Country Office
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
Based on GIZ corporate policy guidelines, the GIZ Office supports the preparation and implementation of international cooperation projects, as well as the administrative implementation on site. The GIZ Office represents the GIZ to government authorities and national partners in Ethiopia and Djibouti and maintains close communication with the German Embassy and other German implementing organisations as well as with international donors.
GIZ seeks a qualified candidate for the position of contract officer
Contract duration: Unlimited contract
The officer supports the respective GIZ Country Office Unit in the specific task of handling all kind of contracts. The unit is tasked with processing requests from the portfolio guiding through the individual processes. The scope of tasks for this position includes:
- Responsible to work as service provider and gate keeper of the GIZ
- Responsible to handle the tender processes for services
- Responsible to handle contract processes services
- Keeping tap and follow compliance regulation of GIZ
- Further development and quality control of contract process of the unit
- Well established communications to all frequently approached team members at the GIZ Country Office, projects working with Ethiopia or the African Union
- Processing service contracts
- Conclusion of service contracts including preparation and conducting the tender
- Facilitate the negotiating with possible service providers
- Monitoring the progress of contracts at the units
- Formatting drafts for contract awards and reasons for contract award
- Input of hotels contracts and related services in Co-Soft system
- Organizing and maintaining documentation and filing systems according to GIZ standards.
- Keeping the documentation and overview of requests, monitoring of status etc.
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, invoices, post, priorities, distributing and follow-up.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Assisting or temp. taking over assignments for procumbent of goods as well as its customs clearing processes
- Assisting in and/or carrying out other office activities and any other tasks as assigned.
- Undertaking further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
- University master’s degree in economics, Business Administration/Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management or law.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contracting, public procurement or similar field, preferably in an international context.
- Experience in procurement of services with regard to EU public procurement law
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking in English and Amharic, knowledge of German language will be an advantage
- Study and/or work experience in an English or German speaking country is an advantage
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, SAP), and digital literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and clear judgment
- Pronounced negotiation skills, power of deduction and high degree of integrity, and excellent sense of compliance
- High level of service-orientation and advising competence
- Flexibility and ability to work in an international team and cooperate well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds in an intercultural work setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to learn, improve and upgrade skills as required by the tasks to be performed
- Good management and administrative skills
- Exhibits commitment, reliability, loyalty.
- Highly solution-oriented mindset has a constructive approach to challenges.
- Takes over responsibility for the tasks assigned to her/him and carries them out independently.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Procurement/contract officer #111/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”