|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Pharo Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a privately funded entrepreneurial organisation that runs philanthropic programmes as well as for-profit social enterprises. The Vision of the Foundation is an economically vibrant and inclusive Africa. The Mission is to achieve the Vision by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa, with an emphasis on job creation.
Established in 2011 as a UK based non-profit, the Foundation has already carried out more than 30 projects, primarily in Ethiopia and Somaliland. The key themes for the philanthropic side of the Foundation are education, health, water and agriculture. Social enterprises cover all areas where the Foundation feels an effective impact can be made with the aim of sustainability and job creation.
Headquartered in London, the Foundation also has an operational HQ in Nairobi and offices in, Addis Ababa, Assosa and Hargeisa.
- Finance and Admin Coordinator , Asosa
- Finance Manager, Pharo Farm, Assosa
- Finance Manager, Pharo School, Homosha
External Relationships, among others:
The incumbent is responsible for the planning and execution of all types of procurements for the Foundation. He/she shall support Country and Field offices in securing quality goods and services at the right time and with competitive prices. Reporting to Finance and Administration Manager based in Addis, he/she shall closely work with procurement committees and budget holders in procuring goods/services for the intended program intervention and administration use.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Finance and Administration Manager and other staffs to ensure smooth, transparent and timely procurement of goods and services,
- Receive procurement plan from the Foundation units, consolidate and coordinate with procurement committees for timely execution,
- Review completeness of purchase request form (spec, delivery date, etc) before processing,
- Collect quotations, prepare price analysis, and check the supplier quotations against TOR, price inquiry… etc
- Immediately notify line manager any transparency issues (conflict of interest, supplier unintended approach, price fixing etc) for timely action,
- Review quotation and confirm supplier eligibility, validity of legal documents and pertinent information in the quotation,
- Place orders, collect goods and facilitate supplier payment,
- Prepare procurement trucker, update weekly and share with budget holders,
- Develop price data base in consultation with procurement committees to aid informed budget preparation,
- Maintain procurement files in organized and traceable manner,
- Draft contract agreements for management review,
- Any other related duties assigned by line manager
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- BA degree in Procurement, supply management or related fields with minimum 5 years related experience in dynamic business and international development organizations.
Competencies- Knowledge, skills, Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills particularly Ms office,
- Collaboration skills, being driven to work with others and able to build strong working relationships
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, consistently meet deadlines
- Good command of the English language
- High level of integrity
- Process oriented
- Excellent time-manager who can balance multiple priorities
- Motivated to learn and perform and not afraid to ask questions
- High professional and ethical standards
Review of application packages will begin as soon as they are received and only complete application packages will be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested candidates to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Please send the information listed below, as a single PDF file, to the following email address:
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
- A detailed CV and Covering Letter
- A one-page list of five references with current addresses, phone numbers, and email contacts.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, due to the expected high volume of applicants.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.