|Location||Gambella, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reporting to Senior Logistics Officer, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IMC’s office in Gambella. Procurement officer must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records and fleet management
Role and Responsibilities
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IMC procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IMC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage Procurement staff (Assistant etc.).
- Advise the Senior Logistics officer of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Manage the vehicle pool.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Senior Logistics officer.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Field Senior Logistics Officer.
- Generate and / or maintain an IMC Pre-qualified Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment’s purchased by IMC
- Produce routine cash Forecast / payments projections for Senior Logistics Officer and Finance.
- Submit monthly list of commitments to Senior Logistics Officer and Finance
- Produce routine purchase status reports for Senior Logistics officer, Programs and Finance.
- Maintain the IMC Purchase Request Tracking & Metrics system and submit routine reports to the Senior Logistics officer.
· Monthly fuel usage report Fuel Amortization.
- MBA/BA degree in Logistics and supply chain management, Business Administration
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IMC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before Sep 5,2020 at 5:00pm
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.