|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Infinity Advanced Technology Solutions P.L.C. (IATS) is a leading medical and IT equipment distributor and technical service provider in Ethiopia. Currently the company needs to hire a qualified personnel for the following vacancy:
Position: Procurement Officer
No. of positions: one
Summary of the job:
The procurement officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality; maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assisting with the daily activities of the procurement department.
· Planning for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies.
· Monitoring and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
· Reviewing, comparing, evaluating and approving products and services.
· Managing inventories and maintaining accurate records.
· Maintaining and updating supplier information.
· Maintaining good supplier relations.
· Negotiating contracts.
· Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
· Preparing budgets, cost analyses and reports.
· Assume the responsibilities of Purchasing Agent upon request.
Minimum Qualifications Required
· A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, or a related field
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Proven procurement experience with demonstrable successes in achieving targets / best practice benchmarks.
· Warehousing and Logistics experience
· Certification in Procurement and Supply Operations
· Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement.
· Knowledge of electronic procurement data processing systems.
· Knowledge of commonly used business software for personal computer
· Ability to research and compare product, quality, performance, and options with requirements
· Ability to exercise good judgment and accept personal responsibility.
· Ability to prioritize, schedule, and undertake concurrent work assignments.
· Ability to attend work on a regular and reliable basis.
· Sound analytical and numerical skills to ensure that deals support the business model
· Skill in evaluating and comparing the product specifications contract details, and cost elements of a bid proposal.
· Skill in managing and tracking multiple projects concurrently.
· Skill in cost-reduction techniques.
· Proven relationship building skills and a wide network of professional contacts
· Proven ability to work under pressure and regularly meet deadlines
· Contributing team player
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials on or before July 03, 2021 via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivery to the company’s office located in Bole Sub-City behind Friendship City Center next to Jupiter Hotel; or Alem Building 7th Floor to the Infinity HR office.
Note: - Please make sure you mention the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, CV and educational credentials. Applications without these will not be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.