WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2022|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CST Ethiopia represents the overseas development and humanitarian agencies of the Catholic Church from England and Wales (CAFOD), Scotland (SCIAF), and Ireland (Trócaire) in Ethiopia. The three agencies have over 40 years’ of experience in international development and humanitarian response and are each members of worldwide networks, including Caritas Internationalis. Currently, the three agencies jointly operate a single, integrated country programme in Ethiopia through the legal entity CST Ethiopia.
CST Ethiopia is implementing a country strategic plan focused on two programmes – Women’s Empowerment and Resilient Communities, which integrates sustainable livelihoods, humanitarian and other (e.g. peacebuilding) programming.
CST is currently looking for an Ethiopian citizen for the position of Procurement Officer based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Procurement Officer reports To Head of Operations and functionally report to the ICSP Project Coordinator of CST Ethiopia.
- Develop procurement procedures and system for CST Ethiopia which are compliant with institutional donor requirements and Trócaire policies.
- Consolidating and validating procurement requests (PRs) as well as checking all PRs and ensure they are properly filed with clear specifications.
- Procurement of goods, services including hotels and sourcing for competitive prices while ensuring timely delivery/performance according to donor’s regulation.
- Facilitate the purchase of various commodities in line with policies, draft supply and service contracts, including prequalifying suppliers and maintaining supplier database.
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and provision of services to required locations.
- Update programme procurement plans regularly.
- Ensure proper filing of purchase documents and archiving.
- Inform requestors of procurements on the progress by completing the procurement monitoring or tracker on monthly basis.
- Ensure regular checks on supplier quality control and periodic evaluation of suppliers’ performance.
- Carryout Regular market surveys to identify potential suppliers and market trends.
- Act as the focal contact person with the suppliers
Storage and Transportation
- Plan and organise movement of cargo for dispatch to the field (air and road) and follow-up on delivery of cargo with the transporter/logistic cluster and get confirmation from consignees.
- Ensure transport service contracts are fully adhered to and that purchase files for respective transport services are completed to facilitate payment.
- Engage with national and regional level logistic cluster to be informed of change in supply chain routes and cluster requirements.
- Support and liaise with Security and Access Advisor to ensure safe and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Develop and maintain warehouse procedures for CST storage location(s) including receipt, handling, storing and distribution operations.
Support to Implementing Partners
- Train partners on Trócaire / CST procurement policies to ensure conformity.
- Support implementing partners with their internal procurement procedures including supply chain management, storage and distribution.
- Build partner capacity on stock managements to avoid surplus and stocks outs where feasible.
- Support partners to adopt best stock managements principals like FEFO (First expiry First Out) to ensure quality of stocks as per their expiry dates.
- Capture all stocks donations and report on monthly basis.
- At Minimum, a diploma in logistics or purchasing and supply management
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Logistician or Procurement Officer with an International NGO.
- Strong computer skills, contract management and negotiating skills.
- 4W vehicle driving skill with valid driving license
- Good command of English language.
- Teamwork sprit and flexibility in stressed environment