|Location||Semera, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: January 21, 2020
Vacancy No. 006/2020
Salary: USD 640
No of positions; 1(One)
Type of Employment- Regular
Duty base and Position: Afar Field Office (Semera)
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objective: The Procurement Officer collects Proforma Invoices on approved purchase requisition, prepares offer analysis and purchase orders, checks quality of items to be purchased, submits purchased items to storekeeper and reports to her/his supervisor. S/he performs all procurement activities in a timely and cost effective manner and in compliance with CARE Ethiopia’s procurement policies and procedures. The Procurement Officer informs requesting units about the status of their respective purchase requests and ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of CARE.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Files all procurement documents in an orderly manner for control and reference purposes;
· Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor;
· Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods;
· Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
· Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services;
· Collect Proforma Invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval;
· Prepares detailed bid analysis based on Proforma Invoices and prepares Purchase Order in the name of selected supplier using accounting software;
· Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of CARE;
· Delivers Purchase Order for collection of goods;
· Collects purchased items from vendors and submits to the storekeeper against official Goods Receiving Note (GRN) of the organization;
Education (Know How)
College Diploma in purchasing or Supplies Management.
3 years of experience in purchasing activities.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, contributing to team success, customer focus, interpersonal skill, planning and organizing, proactive problem solving, stress tolerance.
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) using one of the following options:
· Directly apply through Ethiojobs: www.ethiojobs.net
· Send your application by e-mail to: ETH.JobsHR@care.org
· Send your application through P.O. Box 4710 addressed to CARE Ethiopia, Human Resources Unit,
· Apply in person to one of CARE Ethiopia Offices in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Borena, Hawassa,
Semera, Chiro, Debre Tabor, Dilla and Filtu
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying “Procurement Officer”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women