|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Under the supervision of the Orbis International Ethiopia Operations Director, the Procurement Officer performs procurement activities from purchase request reception to offer analysis, recommendation to effecting payment and receiving purchased goods. The incumbent may serve as a member of the purchase committee of the section.
Reporting to: Operations Director
Category: Non Clinical
Duration of Employment : Six months
- Collects quotations from suppliers for purchasing goods, services and works adhering at all times to the organization’s purchasing rules and ensuring “value for money" by considering price, quality, back-up service, availability.
- Ensures all necessary documents such as purchase requisition, purchase order, invoices, Goods receiving note, Delivery note, and other store related document as well as any other documents and forms which are in use by MSIE are used and produced as indicated in procurement guideline
- Reviews procurement requests received from all programs or departments in accordance with the plan and budget.
- Maintains hard and soft copies of all tender analysis and purchase committee recommendations and hard copies of other relevant documents particularly useful for future reference.
- Maintains and periodically updates computerized procurement tracking sheet, vendor roster, price list and other procurement data in accordance with OIE standards.
- Responds adequately and timely to audit queries.
- Prepares monthly reports on local and international procurement, prepare and send weekly progress up date to all concerned according to OIE procurement standards and guidelines.
- Maintains all copies of contract agreements relating to logistics and procurement; follow up the proper implementation of these contracts; notify and advice in writing next actions at least before two months of the expiry of any such contracts.
- Ensures that purchase requests from Departments, or Program are filed properly and classified systematically.
- Checks and verify all purchases and relevant documents are correct in accordance with OIE procurement guidelines before the final approval.
- Ensures that necessary procurement documents are filed and are accessible when required.
- Prepares bid analysis, follow up purchase orders, Participate in market survey and carry out other procurement activities when required or instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Performs related duties as required
- MA/BA in Procurement and Supplies management, Business Management
- Two years for MA holder and Four years for BA holders
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Communication skill both verbal and written
- Good computer skills in MS Excel and Word;
- Highly motivated and able to work unsupervised;
- Flexible and creative approach;
- Keen to take initiative where appropriate
Applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements can send their CV to the following email address : Woinshet.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.