|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated procurement function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents, keep scan and copy of all procurement documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement function.
- Ensure that all procurement processes are in compliance with NRC Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and door requirements
- Register and/or prepare requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and update status reports and Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment
- Prepare documents as required by line manager.
- Maintain supplier data base and vendor verifications.
- Prepare PTS weekly/bi-weekly.
- Make sure documents are copied and filled before submission for payments.
- Have and update vendor list whenever needed.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a procurement Officer/Purchase officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and local language
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the national language is essential and Somali is an added advantage
- Experience of handling large scale procurement.
- Three years working experience with NGOs for similar posts.
- Experience in with in the Somali region is added advantage.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.