|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated procurement function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents, keep scan and copy of all procurement documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement function.
- Ensure that all procurement processes are in compliance with NRC Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and door requirements
- Register and/or prepare requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and update status reports and Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment
- Prepare documents as required by line manager.
- Maintain supplier data base and vendor verifications.
- Guide and train the procurement ass.
- Support the department heads in raising PR aggresso and managing the workflow.
- Guide and train the area staff over the procurement procedures of NRC.
- Make sure PRs are raised in line with the procurement plan.
- Maintain vendor rating and performance management.
- Liaise with Addis procurement team for procurements handled at CO.
- Prepare PTS weekly/bi-weekly.
- Make sure documents are copied and filled before submission for payments.
- Have and update vendor list whenever needed.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a procurement Officer/Purchase officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and local language
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in supply chain/marketing/management/accountant
- Knowledge of the national language is essential and Somali is an added advantage
- Experience of handling large scale procurement.
- Three years working experience with NGOs for similar posts.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 9, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”