|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vermilion has an exciting opportunity for an expat position in the Paris Basin area, France. The Senior Production Engineer will provide technical support to the Asset Team and field operating staff on the design, implementation and operation of artificial lift, gathering systems and production facilities. The Production Engineer will jointly prepare budgets, support field operations, monitor performance, troubleshoot and initiate action to ensure that budgeted cash flow is maintained and net present value is maximized. This position will report directly to the Asset Manager, Paris Basin.
The successful candidate will hold a Petroleum Engineering or other relevant degree, have 10+ years’ experience in down-hole and surface production operations, optimization, artificial lift methods and troubleshooting and budgeting/forecasting. Strong knowledge of well completions (with an emphasis on electrical submersible pumps), work-overs, production facilities/pipelines, troubleshooting artificial lift systems and reservoir engineering would be considered an asset. Ability to speak French would also be an asset.
Please note this is an expat opportunity.
- Monitoring and evaluating reservoir, well and facility performance for assigned fields
- Identifying opportunities for production performance improvement through the use of: artificial lift, work-overs, simulations, re-completions, re-entry’s, and restart evaluations
- Working closely with Completions and Facilities staff in all aspects of the design
- Provide artificial lift design recommendations for routine pullings and work-overs in an effort to maximize net present value by optimizing production and increasing run life
- Troubleshoot all aspects of problematic wells and recommend corresponding solutions
- Identifying, planning and executing the Asset Team’s Well Integrity Program
- Identifying opportunities for infrastructure and facility throughput optimization
- Forecasting production for the assigned fields to create the annual production budget and forecast updates
- Supporting the team’s effort to meet or exceed production and opex targets
- Reviewing analog/competitor pool performance for acquisition and consolidation opportunities
- Evaluating economics for capital and operating opportunities
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with field staff through regular site visits and interaction
- Identifying opportunities for operating cost reduction and efficiency improvement.
- Participate in Exploration/Development drilling programs by helping to organize an effective execution plan and liaising with Operations to determine and design new pipelines and facilities
- Minimum 10 years production and/or exploitation engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing and executing production engineering projects with strong emphasis on electric submersible pumps
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional collaboration and listening skills
- Strong track record of delivering results; excellent focus on value creation
- International company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
Outstanding People. Outstanding Opportunities.