|Location||addis ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Production / Manufacturing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities. France’s top private cereal collector, the Group is also a major player in supplying inputs to farmers cultivating various field crops.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Varietal selection, seed multiplication, choosing the best quality barley for its malt plants and the precision of its manufacturing process all enable it to produce the finest malt for its brewer customers.
For more information: https://www.soufflet.com/en/our-sectors/barley-supply-chain/malting
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 is commissioning its malt factory in Addis Ababa while actively working on local malt barley sourcing.
To manage the production process, waste water treatment plant and operations related to Malt productions Soufflet is looking to hire its Production Manager.
Core Mission :
The Production Manager main mission is to manage the Production team and the Wastewater Treatment (WWT) technician. He/she is responsible of the production schedules (recipes, blending, …) in order to produce the malt needed on time and in full, while maintaining a safe working environment. S/He is instrumental in following up production KPI and implementing corrective actions as the case may be.
Major Responsibilities :
The major responsibilities of Production Manager :
· Enforce the rules of hygiene, safety and behaviour within the Department.
· Ensure that production costs are in line with budget target.
· Conduct the Department’s Continuous Improvement.
· Contribute to new products development.
· Contribute to personal development of the Production Department staff.
· Implement and manage Products quality control resources in co-operation with QSE Department.
· Identify and deploy necessary resources in view of completing Orders as far as quantity and lead-time are concerned.
· Anticipate potential gaps with the planning, suggest new lead-times.
· Contribute to the Site’s budget building.
· Manage the Department’s expenses.
· Implement all appropriate means to measure the Department’s performance. Propose improvement action plans whilst assessing costs and impacts. Conduct projects and assess results.
· Assess the Department’s staff, identify needs in terms of skills and contribute to the training plan shaping and implementation.
· Organise substitution in case of planned absence.
· At least a BSc Degree in Food Science, Food Process Engineering or related fields
2. Experience and knowledge
· Above 7 Years of experience in Food and Agro-Processing or FMCG industry related experience. Out of which 3 years as a manager or supervisor
· Technical skills: basic knowledge of pumps, conveyors, ventilators, boilers. Must be able to understand the malting process. Basic knowledge of automation. Knowledge of Waste Water Treatment is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of lean methods.
· At ease with Microsoft Office and Control System.
· Soft skills: must be able to work in team with the team leaders and the Silo and Maintenance Managers. Must be able to delegate and trust his/her team. Accountable. Good communication skill with his/her team but also with his/her hierarchy.
· Good proficiency in English (written, spoken). Able to write clear procedures and reports.
· Applicants who will meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on the following email address with 10 working days:
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
· Note: Please indicate the position you are applying in your email subject.