|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|November 17, 2021
Julphar Pharmaceuticals PLC is a joint venture between Gulf Pharmaceuticals Industries (Julphar) U.A.E and MEDTECH Ethiopia, which is involved in the manufacturing of LIFE SAVING Drugs for the local Ethiopian market use as well as for export. Julphar is looking for new candidates with big ambitions, potentials and commitment to improve the quality of life for our end customers.
Job Summary/Main Purpose
Production Manager is Responsible for developing master and tentative production programs and establishing sequence and timeframe of implementation in order to meet production requirements.
Under the guidance of the Plant Manager, the Production Manager shall carry out the following duties:
- Develop the master production program establishing operational sequence and timeframe of manufacturing operations in order to meet production requirements.
- Plan and organize manufacturing and packaging activities
- Prepares monthly and weekly production plans and reports.
- Plans and maintains production schedules and measures progress by established standards of performance.
- Overseas production processes in accordance to production schedules, quality standards and GMP requirements.
- Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality and order of production line.
- Designs to reduce total production lead time and effective utilization of working hours.
- Responsible for maintaining product quality standards and implement quality-control programs as per GMP requirements.
- Involves in production scale up and validation activities.
- Prepares and reviews manufacturing records, process validation records and SOPs.
- Responsible to ensure that all SOPs are implemented and documented.
- Follows the all change control and deviation procedures are being managed and recorded.
- Participates in investigation of product complaints and recalls.
- Prepares all documents and records of production for internal and external inspection.
- Plans shift arrangement of production activities.
- Designs production procedures to reduce wastage during manufacturing and follow disposal of production waste.
- Facilitates and follows the implementation of on-job and classroom trainings for all production employees as per the training calendar and as required.
- Facilitates the selection, ordering and purchasing of materials
- Organizes and follows the repair and maintenance of production machines.
- Manage communication lines with other departments to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Trains, develops and follows the performance of production pharmacists.
- Identifies training needs of employees under supervision and facilitates trainings.
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are met.
- Is responsible and authorized to take disciplinary measures as per the personnel manual.
- Respect and obey the rules and regulations of the company.
- Perform all additional manufacturing works as instructed by the plant manager.
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Employment type : Permanent
Number Required : One
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Attributes)
- Bsc in Pharmacy & 8 years relevant experience, out of which 3 years’ experience in a managerial positions
- Good communication skills
- Proactive and commitment for outcome
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and organizing skills
- Technical skills
- Advanced GMP Training
- Able to communicate in English Language
- Familiar with all SOPs and able to comprehend/interpret them and ensure ongoing compliance
- Demonstrate high level of personal motivation and initiative.
- Ability and willingness to work and participate effectively in a team environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their CVs on Ethiojobs website or can apply through email@example.com until November 22, 2021