|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities. France’s top private cereal collector, the Group is also a major player in supplying inputs to farmers cultivating various field crops.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, and Asia, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Varietal selection, seed multiplication, choosing the best quality barley for its malt plants and the precision of its manufacturing process all enable it to produce the finest malt for its brewer customers.For more information: https://www.soufflet.com/en/our-sectors/barley-supply-chain/malting
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 is now building a malt factory in Addis Ababa while s actively working on local malt barley sourcing.
To support its development and supporting the Production Department, Soufflet is looking to hire a Production Supervisor.
Production Manager responsibility will be to manage the Production team and the Waste Water Treatment (WWT) technician. You will be responsible of the production schedules (recipes, blending, …) in order to produce the malt needed on time and in full, while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Manages the production team (4 shift leaders plus 8 operators) and the WWT technician.
- Enforces Soufflet’s QHSE politics (PPE,…).
- Establishes the production schedules based on the customers’ specifications and the resources available.
- Daily follow-up of the production.
- Works closely with the Silo Supervisor and the Maintenance Manager to minimize the production downtime.
- Establishes the cleaning schedules
- At least 3 years as a Manager in a relevant field of activity (agri, food or feed industry).
- Preferred: 5 years as a Manager in a Malting or Brewing company.
- Technical skills: basic knowledge of pumps, conveyors, ventilators, boilers. Must be able to understand the malting process. Basic knowledge of automation. Knowledge of Waste Water Treatment is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of lean methods.
- At ease with Microsoft Office and Control System.
- Soft skills: must be able to work in team with the team leaders and the Silo and Maintenance Managers. Must be able to delegate and trust his/her team. Accountable. Good communication skill with his/her team but also with his/her hierarchy.
- Good proficiency in English (written, spoken). Able to write clear procedures and reports.