|Location||Debre Markos, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Job Summary
Under the general supervision of Production Department Manager prepares monthly , weekly and daily plan for raw materials/input based on detail evidences and guidance received from immediate supervisor; prepared daily & weekly implementation programme, delivers to subordinates and immediate supervisor; controls and makes follow-up of its implementation; in-place system that enables to lead & control regular tasks of the shift and controls its implementation; receives new task execution procedures and confirm their proper implementation
2. Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares weekly &daily plan of raw materials/input and products by participating production superintendents.
- Organizes and co-ordinates manufacturing processes to meet planned production target.
- When plan is approved, provides the plan along with implementation programme to production supervisors.
- Closely controls and supervises proper implementation of the programme.
- Reviews weekly and daily production plan to ensure its conformance with capacity of machines; if there is negative deviation from plan, reports to production department Manager with tangible evidences.
- Coordinates; controls and initiate immediate subordinates toward achieving production target.
- Ensures that production process is directed toward producing yields that meet planned product quantity and quality.
- Receives regular reports about quantity and quality of products from supervisors.
- When an encountered product of inferior quality and quantity take corrective measures immediately and reports the case to production department manager.
- Confirms availability of inputs to run machines and production of adequate quality products for Production department and other customers; seeks remedy for shortage of raw materials and outputs
- Reports about performances of the shift in detail & transparently to the next shift leader and production department manager.
- Confirms the proper functioning of all machines and accomplishment of their preventive maintenances.
- Makes strict expedition regarding absence of raw materials/input and product wastages, economic utilization of all inputs, cleanliness of production instrument & machines and proper cleaning of production area[ floor, ceiling and walls]
- Ascertain fixation of fire extinguisher at a visible location and ensures that causes of accidents are timely avoided
- Ensures that employees are following current good manufacturing practice, use work clothes and instruments properly and product trolleys are place at their proper places.
- Makes follow-up that all machines are functioning; confirm that those non-functional are reported to be maintained.
- Conduct necessary investigation about those machines that generate defective products & maximize wastages; provides technical improvement suggestion; comment on rejection of old machines and instruments and their replacement by new ones.
- Controls that the difference between productions out puts and inputs are in acceptable range; if it is out of the range, investigate the driving factors for the variation and takes appropriate corrective measures.
- Work to ensure that there is healthy relationship among production line workers, request about information demanded currently and in the future.
- Checks the availability of adequate raw/input and packing materials, utilities and machine parts.
- Designs & implements systems to minimize &/or avoid wastage of production inputs and bottle necks.
- Sorts out problems faced during regular production and solves them with the help of service departments, if required.
- Ensures in synchronization with technical department that all production equipment& machines are maintained in good working order.
- Initiates and follows-up the maintenance of production premises and facilities.
- Ensures that there is a general discipline and a conducive- work culture among production staff.
- Makes sure in collaboration with shift supervisors that production personnel are trained as per approved training assessment need schedule
- Appraises production personnel performances with concerned supervisors.
- Lead & organize jobs during machine and instrument installation and commissioning.
- Approves leave requests of supervisors taking into account load & nature of work.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on all activities of the shift to production department manager
- Performs all related jobs when instructed by production head.
- First Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering or related fields
Related Work Experience
- First Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering and 6 years relevant experience
All interested and qualified candidates should send up-t-date CV with Application letter by stating the position you are applying on the subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org