|Location||Sululta, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About us: The Lovegrass Agro Processing is a gluten free grain processing facility based in Sululta, just on the outskirts of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We supply value added gluten free products to the local and international markets. Our products range from cleaned and milled grain to a wide variety of extruded goods. We have a supportive, and ambitious team that is focused on meeting our customer’s needs.
Objectives of the position: This position oversees production lines and operations in the facility under the supervision of Plant Manager to ensure the efficiency of production systems, quality of products as per company standards. The Production Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works closely with all other departments in the facility including maintenance, and sanitation.
- Leading, training, and supervising a team of production staff
- Production scheduling and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and maintaining rigorous food safety, hygiene, and quality standards.
- Documenting and implementing standard operating procedures and improvements for production operation.
- Maintaining inventory
- Ensuring raw material supply is available for schedule.
- Ensure finishing product inventory meets sales demands.
- Ensure product output and company efficiency standards are being met.
- Effectively managing production costs through continual review of operational improvement methods.
- Managing daily production line performance
- Using HACCP and GMP principles.
- Maintain the daily safety and quality of products and report any defects to plant management for improvement.
Education & Experience:
- University degree or Level 4-5 in relevant field preferred.
- 2 or more years of food manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Food Safety and HACCP working Knowledge is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Broad depth of experience and knowledge of grain production or agro processing machinery and equipment.
- Experience working with flour extruding systems a plus.
- Must be able to understand and follow work an instruction in English, Amharic, and Oromifaa is a plus.
- Basic computer skills to complete required training and/or tasks.
- Ability to identify parts and supplies needed to complete job tasks.
- Must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated.
- Ability to verbally communicate material effectively in a training environment.
- Ability to read and understand manuals/instructions, blueprints, and schematics.
- Ability to work as team and in individual situations.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally to other team members and management about daily assignments.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This post will be taken down once the vacancy has been filled.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to the following emails:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a copy of your CV and cover letter in person at the following address:
Enat tower, Suit 505 (in front of Bambis supermarket)
Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 8
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia