|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Christian Aid in Ethiopia has three strategic priority areas. These are climate justice, Economic justice, humanitarian/resilience and addressing Gender and social inclusion as a cross cutting priority.
About the role
Christian Aid seeking to recruit Climate Change programme officer, who would be responsible for managing and coordinating large scale climate resilience and adaptation programmes and projects, and Christian Aid led big and multiple locations partnership arrangements. To develop and design innovative climate change adaption and resilience programmes and projects.
The post holder will directly manage and support partner climate change and resilience programmes and externally represent Christian Aid where appropriate. In addition, the post holder will provide technical guidance and support on climate change issues to partners and especially ensure that monitoring, evaluation and programme reporting are carried out in accordance with Christian Aid’s quality standards and donor requirements
Summery of key responsibilities
To develop and design innovative climate change adaptation and resilience programmes and projects. Identify opportunities to expand climate change and resilience programme portfolios and to develop coherent programme that maximizes opportunities for institutional funding and advocacy impact
Fixed Term: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate who have a skill/experience on knowledge of climate change adaption and mitigation works. The post holder will directly manage and support partner climate change and resilience programmes and externally represent Christian Aid where appropriate. In addition, the post holder will provide technical guidance and support on climate change issues to partners and especially ensure that monitoring, evaluation and programme reporting are carried out in accordance with Christian Aid’s quality standards and donor requirements.
Educated to postgraduate degree or university degree level or equivalent in natural resource management; development studies; disaster risk management; environmental science.
It is essential for the candidate to have strong skills, knowledge and experience in:
- International and national climate change context e.g., UNFCCC, the Kyoto Protocol and other climate change policies and programs.
- The programme management cycle (including budget monitoring and project evaluation)
- Programme appraisal, monitoring and evaluation in an NGO context
- Working on funded projects for donors such as the European Union, DFID, USAID etc
- Experience researching and analysing information from divergent sources and report-writing (including narrative and financial reports)
- Understanding of partnership approach and experience of working with local partners
- Working under own initiative with a variety of different stakeholders
- Experience of working with large budgets
- Facilitation of capacity building programmes
- As part of your application, you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect
- What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important?
- What was your task? What outcomes were being sought?
- What actions did you take? How did you take them?
- Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others
- What was the situation?
- What did you need to communicate effectively?
- How did you make sure the message was understood by others?
- What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?
- Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required
- What was your context?
- What was your task/responsibility?
- How did you make your plan? What actions did you take?
- What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
To apply for the post, please go to the following site
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behavior including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.