|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. About TechnoServe
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The primary responsibility of the Program Analyst includes analysing programmes and operations, budgeting, supply chain and administrative, identifying problem areas and recommending solutions to improve and optimize operations, initiatives, processes, and procedures. S/he will also support in planning, coordinating, implementation and reporting of coffee projects activities in Sidama, SNNPR and Oromia regions to facilitate efficient delivery of programs. S/he will also provide administrative, procurement, and financial support and follow-up to ensure timely and smooth projects implementation. The incumbent will also and while working with others support in activities that will lead to timely data collection, analyses and reporting.
Iii. Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide analytical support, facilitation and technical services to support ongoing project activities.
- Assessing and advising on resolving potential issues related to costs, schedules, and performance.
- Proactively identify operational, administrative, financial and other bottlenecks that may impede project delivery, and promptly communicate upward with solution options
- Assisting program managers and Sr Analyst with the preparation of budgets and schedules as well as tracking metrics.
- Assisting Sr Analyst with regard to planning, and implementing new programs or systems.
- Planning, analyzing, and assessing the effectiveness of operations and programs.
- Presenting recommendations to management and other stakeholders.
- Performing data validation and quality control checks to show adherence to the standard.
- Support in preparations of project-related documents, including contractor scopes of work, terms of reference, progress updates, memorandum of understanding, and other documents.
- Determining program requirements and making recommendations
- Analyzing programs, procedures, and systems and making recommendations to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness
- Coordinate and support projects monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual workshops, trainings and meetings with particular support to organizing logistical issues such as venue, participants list, invites, equipment and other arrangements.
- Draft meeting notes, correspondence, recommendations, reports.
- Support in preparation of field reports, support timely project progress reporting as per the internal and donor requirements
Knowledge management and documentation support
- Maintain up-to-date records of project files, photos and other supporting documents in database and electronic filing system.
- Utilize and update databases including Google Drive database. Support the field team in effective use of Appsheet and other systems
- Collect, compile and document progress report and success stories and any additional follow up as and when required.
- Under the guidance of Sr Analyst, drafting and revising procedural documents.
- Under the guidance of Sr analyst, draft the “how-to” and other guidance documents, reports and other written documents.
- Collecting, fact-checking and providing information requested for internal and external reports.
- Correspond with relevant departments to retrieve feedback
Administrative, procurement and financial management support
- Coordinates travel and logistics for team members and partners interacting with projects
- Assist project managers in preparation of procurement plan, need and market assessment
- Follow-up, on a daily basis, with procurement to get quality purchase of items and services on timely and efficient manner
- Follow up on procurement and purchase requests for specific projects and provide feedback on the overall process. Provide pipeline analysis of procurement/supply chain of the coffee portfolio
- Ensure effective asset management and follow up all assets under the coffee projects to ensure they are well recorded, tracked, kept and maintained after use
- Maintain and update the procurement tracker and issue log regularly
- Track expenditures and provide analysis of budget vs spending and suggest corrective actions
Perform other duties related to this position as assigned by the supervisor
Iv. Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree + 5 years’ experience, Master's Degree + 3 year’s experience as a Program Analyst, Management Analyst, or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of multiple databases and software systems.
- Ability to collect and analyse complex sets of data.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sharp attention to detail for troubleshooting errors
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
V. PREFERRED SKILL:
- Research and analytic skills
- Numeracy and computer skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management, financial management and organisational skills
- Excellent written communication
- Working knowledge of database management tools
- Ability to work well on a team
- Time management skills