|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Finance Coordinator for SNNP Program Area, Hawassa who will be reporting to the Head of Finance.
Dimensions of the Role
- Responsible to procedural compliance of more than 5 million USD budgets per annum across the program area with diverse geographic area and implementation modalities which needs wise financial management knowledge and sense of cooperativeness.
- Direct supervision of five PA Finance staff including Program Area Finance Officer, Emergency finance officer, Grant and partnership officer and other two cashiers.
- Assist budget holders on the annual planning and budget management.
- Ensure Program Unit Operational plan is prepared and approved by Country Director before Project Outlines Produced.
- Ensure all Project Outlines are prepared based on Operational Plan and gets approved.
- Consolidate and forward cash flow Projection from departments to country office.
- Participate in the implementation of existing grant management systems, ensuring that they are consistent with national procedure.
- Monitor grants on a monthly basis. Liaise closely with budget-holders to support the analysis of monthly variances.
- Support implementation of all donor financial compliance requirements in coordination with other departments.
- Follow the financial documents for Partners’ advance liquidation and subsequent fund release to ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and compiled as per Partnership Agreement, Grant Agreement Documents and Donor’s requirements.
- Support Budget Holders (BH) in mapping, phasing and re-phasing of grant budgets. Provide support in relation to budget amendments and modifications.
- Provide support to ensure that all grants are complete and accurate from a financial perspective in advance of grant closure.
- Review the financial information to BHs to produce donor reports are in accordance with donor reporting template and within the time.
- Review all payments against the budget and established rules and regulations.
- Review purchase and contract to ensure conformity with the established polices and procedure of Plan Ethiopia and legal requirements.
- Review payments for advance and follow up its settlement.
- Review petty cash payment and its replenishment.
- Review Sub grantees advances to Local NGOs/governments, as per the partnership agreement.
- Review Payroll for all compliance and authorization issues.
- Ensure taxes are deducted from payments as per the Government tax proclamation and paid timely.
- Review all purchases are made with reasonable comparison and authorized sources.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement and take action on all irregular transactions.
- Review sub Grantees financial reports & subsequent fund release requests.
- Reconcile cash clearing and inter office accounts between the country office and Program Unit (PU) records.
- Follow and review all donors financial reports are sent on time with reasonable accuracy.
- Prepare monthly financial report and update all budget holders including the Country finance manager for timely utilization of project funds.
- Prepare financial statements of the Program Unit (PU) for auditing.
- Coach and lead all staffs working under her/his region to fully takeover each other’s responsibility on one’s absence.
- Participate in team building process as a Program Unit management Team (PUMT).
- As need arises and instruction received from Immediate supervisor.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- A minimum of BA degree in Accounting/ Business Management with more than five years practical experience preferably in International NGO setting with Multi donor organizations.
- Additional supervisory level experience
- Having an additional Masters/ Professional certification is a plus.
- Ability to use computer applications like Excel, MS word and Power point.
- High interpersonal skill.
- Very supportive, respectful and Ethical to professional standards.
- Reasonable supervisory/management skill.
- Excellent in prioritize issues and knowledge of using various transaction processing and payment modes.
- Excellent communication skill, large data management and analysis.
- High level of Calibre to meet deadlines, prioritize and delegate issues.
- Planning, Grant management and follow-up skill.
- Respectful to all staffs, suppliers, partners and contractors to Plan international Ethiopia.
- High level of integrity and honesty to all procedural requirements.
- Problem solving ability and risk management.
- Show high level of commitment and act to be exemplary to others.
- Be supportive, constructive and considerate to others endeavour.
- Aspirant and motivator to team members.
- High level of integrity and loyal to all procedural and confidential issues.
The closing date for the application is October 31, 2019.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.