|Location||Gode, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Program Finance Manager who will be responsible for leading and implementing financial policies and activities and provide support to staff and local partners at the program location.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Program Finance Manager, you will be in charge of the following:
- Ensuring that the accounting records of the organization adhere to the organizational policies, procedures and guidelines and the governing rules and regulations of the Ethiopian government
- Designing and using sound internal financial control system to safeguard assets, records and documents of the organization
- Communicating of financial policies and procedures within the organization, and with other stakeholders as necessary
- Identifying departmental and individual financial management training needs of program location staff and delivering customized trainings to address the identified needs
- Supervising and checking that all financial activities including payments, transfers of funds, payroll, controlling cash and other current accounts, bank reconciliation statements, liabilities for correctness & timely delivery
- Ascertaining that program/project payments are made within the grant period and as per approved budget line items
- Ensuring that required documentation and authorization is present to effect payment
- Preparing and submitting monthly electronic and hard copy reports with supporting documentation to SOS children’s Villages Ethiopia National Office finance department.
- Monitoring operating/administrative expenses and external funds and identifies issues for discussion with program management team
- Preparing periodic reports of the public funded projects/ Earmarked projects.
- Ensuring that all financial and accounting related files and records reflect high professional standards
- Preparing cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and plans for timely preparation and replenishment for local partners and others as necessary and applicable.
- Assisting program staff with budgeting out activities in accordance with the work plan prepared by the project teams
- Carrying out budget utilization comparison periodically as per the directives thereon. Controls expenditures against budget.
- Ensuring sufficient funds are available at all times to meet the project’s needs by submitting monthly cash advance requests to National office finance department.
- Ensuring timely deposit of all collections
- Verifying monthly bank reconciliation statements for program location bank accounts
- Facilitating audit of accounts by internal and external auditors.
- Participating in coordinating monitoring visits and site support as and when deemed necessary
- Conducting periodical monitoring visit of the finance VS physical activities of projects.
- Supporting on timely securing of project implementation budget from donors including locally funded projects.
- Provide finance related capacity-building support/activity to CBO’s and CCSC’s.
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Proficient computer skills
- Collaboration skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent command over English
- Accounting software knowledge
- Leadership skill
Excited to take on an new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people"