|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Summary of the position:
The post holder will assume responsibility for project accounting and financial support for the SNV Ethiopia programme (60%) and other restricted grants (25%) as well as support the production of Monthly Management Accounts (15%).
- Ensure the introduction and implementation of the concept of financial management and explains its importance to all stakeholders for accountability, ensuring resources are matched to objectives, efficiency, Economic stability.
- To ensure the smooth running of all back-office functions and, support the development and day to day running of projects with budgeting and financial monitoring.
Should you need to refer the full Job description please follow the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17_mLYInbJv8OV9fJePCHoXvZNotX-Otb/view?usp=sharing
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum BSC or BA in accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Interest in International Development.
- Willing/able to travel overseas.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Consistent and highly organised.
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable to a varied environment.
- Good communication skills at all level and through various means (email, teleconference, skype, face to face).
- Excellent spreadsheets skills.
- Experience of using multicurrency accounting package
- Organisation to work effectively
- Influencing others
- Supporting others
- Critical information gathering
- Analytical thinking
- Trust and confidentially
Please apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 3rd July 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with the position title as subject/reference.
Please indicate in your application letter for which location you apply
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.