|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Abdellah Ibnu Ummi Mektum (AIUM) was established on 04 June 2010 Ethiopian Calendar by conglomeration of highly ambitious visually handicapped elite group who have believed the notion of giving light for the blind Muslims and committed to uplift their fellow brothers and sisters who are needy but meritorious.
It is a local, non-political, and not-for profit religious organization and has got its legal sanctity from the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Ministry of Federal Pastoralist Development Affairs in accordance with the relevant proclamation bearing registration number 00620
AIUM is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
The Program Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and coordination for the implementation of Abdellah Ibnu Umi Mektum Quran Association (AIUM) operational plans with quality, cost effectiveness and application of appropriate methodologies through cascading annual performance plan and employee performance plan and institutionalizing performance management system in line with the organization’s vision, goals, and strategic plan. She/he also establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning, Implementation and Monitoring:
- Ensures that the annual operational plan encompasses existing commitments to members and other like minded oraginzations and are oriented toward accomplishment of the strategic vision and program goal of AIUM;
- Works with the team of AIUM to ensure the planned initiatives are in line with the interest and expectation of the organization including members, donors and interested groups;
- Develop new program designs based on an ongoing resource, plan and future direction of AIUM;
- Helps programs: to assess their program effectiveness, to identify program gaps, and to develop concept papers in coordination with the AIUM’s team;
- Ensures that all required information/data of AIUM is made available for every party;
- Ensures building of capacities of staff through on and off jon training;
- Ensures that all AIUM’s activities are implemented as planned;
- Undertakes researches, assessments and document the interest of beneficiaries, members and other interested group and share to the Executive Director
- Produces quarterly, biannual and annual performance reports and submits to the Executive Director.
- Manages, supervises, leads guides and supports staff that report to her/him;
- Ensures the development of key leadership, and management skills of direct reports to increase their capacity to develop and undertake major initiatives and assumes larger responsibilities to further expand program/project impact and sustainability;
- Completes performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Ensures that reports are prepared and submitted to concerned parties, government, counterparts and AIUM on time and in a professional manner;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- MA/MSc or BA/ BSc in Social Science, Management, Behavioral Science, and other related field of studies.
- 5/7 years of relevant experience.
Technical and Other Skills
- Proficiency in verbal and written English, proposal development, strategic and operational planning, monitoring and evaluation, report writing;
- Proficiency in standard office software package;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Good interpersonal communication skill and ability to effectively liaise with government, community leaders and other stakeholders.