|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CIAI, Italian Association for Aid to Children (CIAI) is an Italian NGO established in Italy in 1968. It has been recognized as non-profit organization in 1981 (by Decree of the President of the Italian Republic N. 899), and as Italian NGO on August 2nd 2000 (by Decree of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs n. 2000/337/0035875). In Ethiopia CIAI has been first registered in 2003, and has been re-registered under the Agency for CSOs n°1123 of May 14th 2019 (Civil Society Organizations Proclamation n°1113/2019). Since its recognition in Ethiopia, CIAI has been closely working with governmental and non-governmental partners in order to upgrade their capacities to foster the wellbeing of vulnerable and disadvantaged children. In its projects CIAI strives to guarantee the access to quality education and protection services through direct support to children, families, communities and local authorities. CIAI always works in close relation with communities and local authorities to foster ownership and create a sustainable safe and conducive environment for children in the Country. CIAI is currently working in Addis Ababa, Tigray Regional State, Oromia Regional State and Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ Regional State.
CIAI is a Child safe organization and is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children. The selected candidate will be asked to adhere to CIAI standards and principles, and sign the CIAI Child Safeguarding, the Protection Policy and related documents, providing in advance also his/her job references, letter of interest, updated CV and criminal record.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Assist local staff in the implementation of individual projects (Dynamic Work-plan management);
- Check the adherence to financial and administrative procedures in the implementation of the projects entrusted;
- Ensure close coordination with CIAI Addis Ababa Administrative sector (Admin and Financial Guidelines - Resource Schedule Cashflow-plan) in the supervision of projects;
- Support the monitoring, assessment, learning and sharing (MIS / MEAL Matrix Plan) phases by local staff;
- Analyze the need and, in consultation with the Country Representative, contribute to training local human resources (HR Development Plan);
- Carry out quality control on the reports produced by local staff (Reporting Quality Control);
- Assist the reporting (in Italian or English) to the headquarters / donors;
- Coordinate local staff in the collection and transmission to the Addis Ababa office of images, films and documentary documents relating to the projects (Communication);
- Coordinate the collection of data by local staff for writing new Concept Notes;
- Cooperate in the project writing phases on calls;
- Degree in Development Cooperation, Law, Social Services, Master of Business Administration;
- Previous experience of at least 3 years in the Development Cooperation sector. Preferable experience in the same function in local or international non-governmental organizations;
- Knowledge of the writing procedures for the emergency and development sectors of the major international development cooperation agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of Amharic and other Ethiopian language. Preferable knowledge of the Italian language;
- Willingness to travel to remote areas and in adverse conditions.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
- Ethiopian citizenship and / or Italian if holding an Ethiopian origin ID
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send their CV (max 3 pages), cover letter (max 1 page) including 2 contacts for references to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Manager” before or on August 18th 2020. All the documentation must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted