|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian Organisation with over 147 years of experience, active in over 30 countries, working towards the vision of “Leprosy Defeated, Lives Transformed.
In Ethiopia, TLM is involved in leprosy, disability and socio-economic related activities. TLM seeks to empower Ethiopians to increase their capacity and dignity. TLMI-E office is in Addis Ababa.
We are recruiting for a Program Manager for TLMI Ethiopia’s Disability Inclusion program. This role will also manage the program once it commences.
‘We are able!’ program focuses on empowerment, amplifying voices and creating resilience in women and men with disabilities, and of other marginalized groups. The focus is mainly on food security in areas of long term continuing crisis, aiming to strengthen the lobby and advocacy capacity of individuals whose voices are not heard.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will develop a proposal for and subsequently manage TLMI Ethiopia’s ‘We Are Able!’ program and who will act as the focal person for TLM among other consortium partner organizations in Ethiopia. Employment is for a year contract ; possible extension upon program grant.
Applicants must have a relevant post graduate degree (social work, development, public health and related) and possess skills, knowledge and experience at the following:
- At least 8 years or more of work experience in Program development in development organization,
- Proven expertise in disability inclusion and capacity building of DPOs
- Demonstrable experience in budget management and funding,
- Skilled at networking at different levels (International, national with government and other stakeholders such as local NGOs/DPOs),
- Working knowledge of English; Excellent spoken and written Amharic,
- Up-to-date computer literacy skills – Ms Office,
- Demonstrable analytical skills to acquire information, analyze data and draw conclusions,
- Proven skills in strategic and creative thinking – to problem solve and develop solutions,
- Demonstrable ability to represent and speak on behalf of the organization and project at work groups.
Applicant should have these attributes :
- Be committed to the mission, vision and values of TLMI-Ethiopia.
- Ability to work in an international development consortium environment,
- Endorse and upload the safeguarding policy of TLMI-Ethiopia and ensure that all work considers the safeguard of current and potential beneficiaries,
- High level of interpersonal skills and relating well across a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment,
- Be able to exercise flexibility, diplomacy and confidentiality in all matters.
- Be able to work in a team, promoting and supporting all team members as equals.
- Be resourceful, pro-active and self-motivated, working independently and with initiative.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Committed to working with integrity and be able to demonstrate what this means.
- Be committed to working with communities and developing others.
People affected by leprosy and with disability are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Send your CV and a cover letter by email to email@example.com so that you get copy of TLMI-E job application form and job description.
The closing date for applications is: August 18, 2020
Interviews can be expected to be held during this week: August 20 and 21, 2020