|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 23, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The job holder will manage financial services for the poor programming in the Country Program (CP) for Feed the Future Ethiopia Livelihoods for Resilience – Oromia (LRO), designing and implementing interventions advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- A master’s degree in a relevant field including international development, agriculture, agricultural economics, business, marketing, supply chain and/or food security. An advanced degree can be substituted with an additional 3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years (8 years preferred) demonstrated experience with USG or other similar development projects focused on value chain and market systems & access development, including improving financial services for the poor with Financial Service Provider (i.e. MFI, RUSSACO, SACCO, etc.), preferably Ethiopian with understanding of the Ethiopian context
- Spoken and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders,including national and local government, donors, cooperatives, community-based organizations, and the private sector
- Project management experience in inclusive finance is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Duty Station:Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/202301226588551 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, August 29, 2020.
Applications should be submitted by August 29, 2020 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
“qualified women and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply”
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer