|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Play an active role in supporting, coordinating and leading the organization’s overall budget development and revision exercises. Works in collaboration with all relevant departments at the CO, area offices and partner organizations (for consortium projects) and ensure coherent, realistic and timely preparation of budget proposals and budget revisions in compliance with donors’, DRC’s and government’s rules and procedures. Serves as DRC Ethiopia’s main focal point with RO, HQ and external partners when it comes to budget development and revision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand, guide and coach deferent departments, field offices and partners (for consortium projects) on donors’ and governments’ rules and regulations on budget development and revision/ amendment
- Develop a standard comprehensive internal budget template
- Collaborate with finance department on master budget coverage and ensures that upon submission of proposals to the budgeting coordinator, s/he reviews the proposal and revision requests from areas ensuring the master budget unit costs are correct.
- Work on a cost allocation matrix that shows the budget allocations for the direct costs, flag gaps to the head of program and ensure proper allocation based on the gap analysis during budget development and revision/ amendment
- Manage the monthly resource scheduling of Addis based staff with guidance from the Head of Program (as Addis budget holder) for allocation of salaries for shared and direct staff
- Participate in proposal design meetings and provide budget related inputs
- Lead the CO’s new budget development and revision works in a timely and quality manner; respond to budget-related donor post submission questions
- Coordinate, follow up and support field offices and other CO departments for a timely provision of budget inputs
- With inputs from colleagues at the field and CO, lead the preparation of additional budget related annexes (e.g. budget narrative, installment plan, personnel table, BoQs and cost breakdowns … etc.)
- Work closely with the program team in identifying co-funding/ co-financing for those projects where this is a donor requirement
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, and flagging budget related risks that requires the senior management’s attention and approval (e.g. co-funding, lower CO cost, lower HQ cost… etc.)
- Follow up with the CO finance team for a timely budget set-up on the organization’s system
- Ensure that all budgets and revisions are accurate according to the detail budget set-up via the project module on the expense forecast (DRC Dynamics)
- Work on budget and budget related annexes like personnel plan for MoU/ LoU purpose as per the signing office’s template, rules and procedures
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to May 10, 2020.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.