|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
NUMBER OF POSTION: One
DURATION: 12 Months
Purpose of the position:
The World Vision Ethiopia’s Tigray Regional Response office, based in Mekele is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Program Manager to lead the Programs Department. While supervising a small but growing team, the Program Manager will oversee the planning funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of respective program operations. This position will require intensive coordination with the all departments of the Response, as well as ongoing strengthening of information management tools and processes.
Grants Acquisition and Proposal Design
- Lead the design & development of concepts and proposals for the Response, in coordination with technical specialists, NO Resource Acquisition and Mobilization team, finance and procurement staff and Support Offices.
- Facilitate or collaborate with Support Offices on the facilitation of grant design, start-up, closeout workshop for grant project staff and support function staff members for each critical grant.
- Collaborate and negotiate with Support Offices on match needs and other resources (e.g. technical).
- Proactively engage with donors regarding prepositioning for opportunities.
- Coach Programs Officers in design and acquisition skills.
Grants Management and Reporting
- Lead team on writing and submission of monthly, annual and end-of- (donor) project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary in collaboration with the other departments.
- Monitor response’s portfolio of funding ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards and relevant WV internal standards and policies.
- Provide proactive and regular program updates to key WV support, Senior Leadership Team, regional office and Support Offices.
- Ensure and support on start-up and close out grant meetings.
- Collaborate with Operations department on regular meetings to identify health of projects, troubleshoot and identify solutions.
Quality Assurance, Accountability and Information Managemen
- Resource and staff the MEAL unit to meet response needs.
- Lead and supervise the MEAL team in planning and conducting assessments and evaluations to gather impact and evidence.
- Ensure integration of internal and international humanitarian standards (Sphere, HAP, etc.) into all project designs and implementation.
- Lead regular update and review of response strategy as required.
- Ensure accountability is mainstreamed into all project designs.
- Meet WV minimum quality standards and support improvement reflection, learning and innovation.
- Maintain and improve response information management system to meet response needs and ensure all data management policies and protocols are adhered to.
Partnership & External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
- Lead the programs team to identify potential partners to work with and through in projects.
- Ensure reporting to Government departments are done timely and information collation is led.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience in emergency response, humanitarian and/or development programming or similar humanitarian/social work involving grants.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team in an emergency response setting, humanitarian and/or development programming.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Required)
- Hostile Environmental Awareness Training or other recognized personal security course. (Required)
- Further complementary professional qualifications in MEAL, IM, etc is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions.
- Advanced knowledge and MS Excel skills, and other business accounting packages.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Excellent ability to lead a team within stressful and fast-paced environments.
- Excellent understanding of project design and proposal writing.
- Strong understanding of the workings of major donors, such as the UN, USAID, ECHO etc.
- Strong understanding of SPHERE relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
- Travel: Up to 50% travel.
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies