|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #100/2021
CLM – Climate-Sensitive Innovations for Land Management
Since 2008, the Ethiopian government, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, operates the Sustainable Land Management (SLM) program to reverse land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the highlands. The SLMP aims at reaching two million households in more than 7,000 micro-watersheds in Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
GIZ provides technical assistance to this national flagship program since its inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) will run from July 2021 to June 2024). It focuses on capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Follow up operational activities on behalf of the Component Manager Operations with respect to effectiveness, quality, deadlines, stakeholder information, monitoring, compliance, standards and policies
- Ensure documentation of operations, e.g. through minutes of meeting, agreements, progress reports
- Maintain and update the program’s rolling operations plan
- Provide administrative and technical assistance to members of the management team – mainly regarding communications, logistics and scheduling, liaison with program partners and other stakeholders
- Maintain filing system for project operations files
- Coordinate regular exchange meetings and professional dialogues among technical team, with partners, and across programs
- Organize team building events and experience exchange visits
- Facilitate and follow up on trainings for CLM and partner staff
- Follow up procurement of services and monitor timely and quality delivery of service contracts
- Monitor office supplies and order required materials and equipment, including electronic equipment
- Ensure regular dissemination of knowledge products and meeting proceedings with partners and other stakeholders
- Represent Component manager in technical and managerial meetings during his/her absence
- Report office progress to component manager and/ or senior management and work with them to improve office operations and procedures
- Undertake any other task as assigned
- MA in agriculture, rural development, business administration or similar
- Excellent knowledge of English (C2) and Amharic, written and spoken.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in office / project management or communications in an international setting
- 3 years of experience in working in agriculture and/or natural resource management in the context of government programs
- 3 years of experience to independently communicate with stakeholders, produce documentation and reports, assign tasks, accept instructions and handle vendor contracts, among other tasks
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Self-starter and self-organizer, ready to achieve high standards of work, as documented through steady professional growth
- Team player with a focus on jointly achieved results
- Excellent time management and good project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and creatively overcome problems
- Excellent integrity, confidentiality, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and building good working relationships with and within government organizations, development organizations as well as with other public and private institutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on different hierarchical levels, as well as conflict management skills
- Good understanding of development cooperation and client orientation
- Ability to efficiently use standard IT applications (i.e. MS Office Outlook, mail processes, excel, etc.) and digital media, including modern video conferencing tools
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken; ability to develop error-free documents.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Program Officer #100/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”