Program Partner Agribusiness
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2022|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Program Partner Agribusiness will engage partners for successful program design and implementation and focused on the organisation's commitment to enable dignified and fulfilling work for young women and young people in general. He/She will be responsible for supporting Agriculture lead to manage a portfolio of agriculture/agri-food systems and agribusiness related programs and partnerships in the country. The Program Partner will be expected to provide expertise to identify constraints that prevent agricultural systems from functioning effectively at the country level.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of programs, including co-creation of programs and due diligence of potential partners and projects.
- Provides key support and alignment while working in close collaboration with other technical experts including – Financial Inclusion and Investment, MSME, Skills and Education, TVET, Appropriate agricultural technology.
- Represents the Organisation in Agriculture related partner coordination working groups, task forces and other meetings where relevant.
- Initiates discussions and shares lessons across country wide agricultural expertise groups on agricultural value chain development progress, challenges and opportunities and the linkage with other sectors.
- Provide support management of agriculture programs, distilling learnings from the progress and trends of development, implementation, and adaptations. These includes, but not limited to, oversight of day-to-day activities of programs or processes, conducting field visits, and reviewing project budgets.
- Communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider country partnership network.
- Work closely with team members in finance, impact, and other functions to ensure coherence and alignment as well as promote integration.
- Identify and help overcome challenges and other barriers to team effectiveness.
- Provide perspective and expertise on emerging issues and trends in the agricultural and agri-food/Agri finance and agribusiness sector.
- Provide support for the effort to establish relationships with like-minded organizations, communities of practice, and stakeholders to forge coalitions and promote collaboration between various players.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in horticulture or livestock sciences, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or Business Development.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in agriculture/agri-food systems/agribusiness is required. This experience could include project management and/or field experience working in the country.
- Experience and understanding in a variety of value chains (cash and food crops), small businesses and MSMEs along the value chain, and supply chain / logistics in agriculture.
- Experience of working with young people and private sector actors.
- Experience in providing technical and other support to project managers and implementers for effective program delivery.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the role of agriculture and agriculture finance in economic growth and development, particularly in Ethiopia, and as it relates to young people.
- Understanding of the role agri-food and rural SMEs can play in economic transformation and job creation.
- Strong technical background in crop and livestock production/management, and agro-processing/value addition.
- Understanding the role of digital technologies in agribusiness.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics.
- Excellent project management skills for multi-stakeholder projects including; monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Ability to communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the organisation's values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Organisation's values and vision.