|Location||Hawassa and Ambo, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the Job:
To support the efficient and timely implementation of Owning their future program in the assigned area by (i) coordinating and overseeing the day to day operation of Owning their future program in selected Zone and woreda; (ii) executing Smart Start, SA and PAC demand creation activities and supporting the project team, including Adolescent Health Officers and Smart Start Navigators; (iii) interacting and engaging with RHB, ZHO and Woreda Health bureaus to mobilize support for the Kebele and Woreda level project teams; and (iv) tracking data, generating insights and reporting to the Core Team.
Key Result Areas:
- Community mobilization
- Operational planning and implementation
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Knowledge management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Owning their future and Smart Start Program in all the selected regions, Zone, woreda, outreach site, and health facilities, ensuring full coverage of target Kebeles within scheduled time and budget.
- Communicate with regional health bureaus, Zonal Health office, and Woreda health offices to identify challenges in the implementation of the program and communicate challenges to the relevant body.
- Contribute to project and platform annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Liaise and coordinate with regional, zonal health office and Woreda health office to ensure the smooth and timely rollout of the program, to align planning and implementation with priorities and needs of the respective areas, and to disseminate monitoring and evaluation tools (recording and reporting formats) in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator.
- Liaise and coordinate with the MSIE regional and outreach filed team to ensure the smooth and timely rollout of the program, joint planning, and execution of field level activities.
- Follow up on the progress of the program implementation in the respective region and maintain continuous communication with Woreda officers.
- Provide updates and guidance on activity implementation to area program managers and prepare detailed activity reports on program performance in each region and Woreda.
- Regularly review and analyze data from program and make data-informed decisions and recommendations on way forward of the program or any strategic shifts if required; advice the Core Team on the need for appropriate adjustments to the Program based on the regional context.
- Meet with stakeholders at the regional level on a periodic basis to discuss performance, challenges, and possible corrective actions in implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of quality assurance activities to monitor the implementation of training, one to one sessions, small groups, community-wide events, and counseling.
- Oversight and support the implementation through area field teams and community structures and support the documentation and dissemination of PSI/E’s best practices, success stories, and case studies for external use.
- Set and meet evidence-based program targets and strategies for implementation and works with the program field team, and field implementation manager
- Support integrity and implementation of project approaches and processes within assignment in implementation region and sites; ensuring technical robustness and adherence to internationally accepted delivery norms and standards.
- Ensure area office compliance with GoE, donor and PSI rules, regulations, and procedures; and facilitate internal and external audit activities, where required.
- Compile, review, and submit accurate and timely programmatic and financial reports representing regional activities, according to PSI, GoE, and Donor reporting requirements and formats.
- Support the M&E activities, including data collection, supportive supervision, and regular data quality assessments as well as timely reporting for evidence-based decision making and diagnostics of Program performance.
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Assist immediate manager in preparation and implementation of work plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Prepare, communicate, and implement weekly and daily work schedules for his or her section.
- Coordinate and supervise daily operations and service delivery within his or her section.
- Coach, train, educate, and mentor subordinates and support them in handling complex issues in their assigned duties.
- Evaluate and report the periodic performance of subordinates and provide them regular feedback and support to improve their performance.
- Provide support to the immediate manager in all matters related to the management and supervision of subordinates, operations, and resources within his or her section.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related health science fields with three (3) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing or related health fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
- Experience in Adolescent and Youth program management including Family Planning, SA and PAC, technical project implementation
- Proficient in MS office applications and tools
- Proficient in English, Amharic and other local languages, both written and oral communication
- Willingness to travel up to 60-70% time away from the base location
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Program Specialist, Owning their project Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.