|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and assesses the progress of HIA projects in relation to the formulated goals.
- Intervenes early when the actual results lag behind or reporting requirements are not fulfilled.
- Coordinating with the partner (EEMCY-DASSC) supporting the project manager to implement the project plan.
- Liaise with the Hungarian Embassy in Addis Ababa.
- Liaise with the relevant agencies and ministries of the FDRE.
- Assesses the substantive quality of reports of partners and field offices and adjusts if necessary to the quality standards of donors.
- Submits report to the project Manager in time.
- Providing support to partner’s project and program managers for new projects when needed.
- Collects information within the projects and reports about the results and report them to the Project Manager.
- Monitors the achievements of Consortium projects within the field with partners, reviews field reports, analyzes field data, and formulates conclusions, discussion points and recommendations for all stakeholders.
- Assesses which results are relevant for communication and fundraising purposes, collects these and formulates texts in accordance with quality standards of the Communications department of HIA.
- Collects and filters necessary information for open data sources.
- Delivers good qualitative information to the Communications department in time.
- Maintains contacts with partners and field offices focused on the effective and efficient implementation of programs. Makes agreements with partners regarding the achievement of substantive results, increasing their expertise, organizational sustainability, and accountability in accordance with the guidelines of donors.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Country Director/Regional Representative (HIA side)
- Up to 31st March 2022 with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability
30% travel to project sites in Gambella & Tigray
- MSc/BSc in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Development Economics, Development & Humanitarian Practice, Food security, Livelihood, or related fields.
- At least 3/5 years of experience in project management, MEAL/M&E for INGOs; at least 3 years’ experience in managerial level with roles including, monitoring of projects, supervision of field staff, representation, and coordination with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the project field of expertise for example agriculture, water resources, education or other relevant subject on an academic level and able to provide technical solutions.
- Knowledge of development cooperation/unit relevant.
- Knowledge of programmatic working, socio-economic and socio-political structures, donor requirements and relevant languages.
- Knowledge of the mission statement and goals of the Cordaid project and the security and programmatic policy.
- Social/Communication skills to cooperate with international parties.
- Writing skills to formulate reports and project proposals.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge in English and Amharic (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of local language is a plus.
- Keen to learn NCA/HIA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of international standards notably SPHERE, LEGS, and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct.
- Good understanding of emerging international humanitarian issues and aid effectiveness.
- Good understanding of the external operating environment including government policies, strategies, guidelines, and operating procedures in managing emergencies and disasters in the country.
- Good knowledge of field level realities of humanitarian NGOs work.
- High level of all aspects of monitoring experience on multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Experience working in complex, multi-disciplinary and multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- Highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Behavioral values and skills required: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, flexibility,creativity, innovativeness, results-oriented, collaboration Social/Communication skills to increase the expertise of partners and to direct partners on results and to create support, teambuilding, negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, flexibility and creativity.
Interested applicants are required to send their application, CV, and other supportive documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date 13nd July 2021.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.