Programme Associate, Women in Leadership and Governance (WILG)
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.One of the programme priorities of UN Women for Ethiopia is enhancing women’s leadership at all levels and their political participation under the theme women in leadership and governance. In this area, UN Women at the global level works to build capacity of women leaders and political candidates, sensitize the public on gender equality and the rights of women to have equal share in leadership positions and encourage constitutional reforms to ensure that women enjoy their political rights in equal footing with men.UN Women Ethiopia’s ‘Increased Participation and Effective Representation of Women in Leadership in Ethiopia: The Road to Equitable Development’ program aims at contributing to the overarching goal: ‘Women fully and equally participate in leadership and decision-making and women and girls benefit from gender-responsive governance’ by addressing multifaceted barriers that hinder women including young women and women with disabilities from equally and effectively participating in public and political life as leaders and decision makers. It also aims to contribute towards gender responsiveness of key democratic and governance institutions including parliament and regional councils, local governments, political parties and electoral management bodies in Ethiopia. The programme is designed to advance UN Women Strategic Plan (2022-2025) Impact area one ‘Governance and participation in public life’, to support Ethiopia towards achievement of SDG Goal 5, Target 5.5; Goal 16, Target 16.7. The programme is in line with United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework UNSDCF (2020-2025) in Ethiopia, particularly with Outcome 1 and Outcome 2; and UN Women Ethiopia Strategic Note (2021 – 2024), UN Women Strategic Note (2021- 2025) and Government of Ethiopia’s 10-year Perspective Plan (2020/21-2029/30) that aspires to bring women at the centre of the country’s development. The programmme runs from 2022-2026 also foreseeing Ethiopia’s 7th national election with a view to follow an electoral cycle approach to engendering elections.In order to support the implementation of its program UN Women is seeking to hire a Program Associate. Reporting to the WILG Programme Specialist and under the supervision of the Deputy Country Representative, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to members of the programme team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme Associate contributes to financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff as required for resolving complex programme-related issues and exchange of information.Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance on programme delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches, reports, and position papers.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the WILG Programme Unit
- Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
- Provide monitoring and coordination support through the following field support
- Follow up with local partners on implementing activities, including the monitoring of work plans and activities.
- Closely work with the programme teams to facilitate the preparations and implementation of field activities, events, assessments.
- Liaise with the field officers to ensure timely progress of field activities.
- Support the production of any material needed for information purposes, such as reports, articles for the web, brochures, films, etc.
- Follow up on operations in the field, day to day management and delivery of the activities and facilitation of knowledge sharing.
- Provide timely data collection for reporting purpose
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of programme financial management;
- Ability to create, edit, synthesize and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills;
- Excellent IT skills.
Required Skills And ExperienceEducation
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Business or Public Administration, development studies or other relevant degrees.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required
- All applications must include (as an attachment) a completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment .