|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Under general supervision from the Application and development Technical manager, performs complex professional work in systems development, including some administrative duties. Engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle, participate in design meetings and consult with end-users to refine, test and debug programs to meet organizational needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of targeted development initiatives.
This position is responsible for implementing a new applications as well as enhancements to already existing ones.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
- Accomplishes programming project requirements by coaching programmers.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Plans programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications with clients.
- Arranges program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts, researching and employing established operations.
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Web application and service design, development, and maintenance.
- Designs new applications, databases, and interfaces as requested and assigned.
- Design custom reports and visualizations using report designer tools.
- Strong proficiency with team development tools and code versioning systems.
- Excellent skills in designing and developing multi-tiered web-based systems.
- Strong J2EE & Spring Framework development experience.
- Strong relational database design/development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design patterns and enterprise.
- architectural design patterns comfortable to work in within both the open source and licensed context.
- Designs database models and implements them; writes custom SQL queries.
- Integrates application front ends with database back-ends.
- Works with system administrators to perform database administration and troubleshooting for server databases.
- Responsible migration of enterprise systems.
- Responsible for Project management of all development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc or MSC in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience with the following skill sets: Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Database development and administration and Software support.
- Minimum of 6 years for BSc or 4 years for MSc in software development or application support.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in ERP or other enterprise systems development and support.
- Comfortable in customization tools and Report Studio.
- 3 years minimum end-to-end programming experience, including C#, PHP, ASP.Net, MVC, or Java.
- 3 years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MSSQL, MySQL, SQL Lite, MongoDB, or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Comfortable working with open source technologies.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Development experience using known IDE’s which integrate with source code version control system.
- Team development and testing experience using TFS.
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.