|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is a Non-Governmental Organization involved in humanitarian medical aid, operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Programmes Coordinator reports to the General Coordinator, based in Addis Ababa.
3. Main tasks and responsibilities
The Programmes Coordinator will be the responsible for the overall implementation of the MdM intervention and projects under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure the implementation of the programs and follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical.
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members
- Reporting any issues related to partner’s activities. Update follow-up tools regularly.
- Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside the area of action.
- Take the lead in negotiations with partners and authorities linked to program implementation
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and MdM team
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partner.
- Take the leadership in revision of program activities based on needs and context
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested.
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly.
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs.
- Ensure operational support for partners.
- Lead needs assessments in case of upcoming needs or emergency situation requiring MdM’s engagement
- Preparing monthly context report
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submit to General coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Ensure completeness of monthly data
- Compiling monthly spending report and submitting to Admin and Finance Coordinator and General coordinator.
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities.
- Any other report requested by Operations Department
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered by both partner and MdM
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to General coordinator.
Contract duration: 3 months, extendable depending on funding availability and context
- At least 3 years of experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, in similar positions
- Previous experience in programmes’ implementation in the health sector
- Previous experience in emergency response
- Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
- Previous experience in people’s and team management
- Experience in partnership development and management and strong negotiation skills
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Excellent computer and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to classify and manage priorities - High autonomy is required
- Interest and ability to work in a team
- Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
- English and Amharic language are mandatory (speaking and writing)
- Experience in remote-control and remote-management programmes
- Experience/knowledge of the region
- Familiar with supply chain and procurement process
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application letter including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through email@example.com email. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF by writing the job title on the subject line.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 10 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.