|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Accountant who will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the complete financial accounting system of the project in line with donor and SOS CVE financial policy, procedure, and standard procedures.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As a Project Accountant, you will be in charge of the following:
- Processing and facilitating all payments or fund transfers for the project.
- Ensuring that expenditures are authorized, approved, and supported by adequate documentation.
- Submitting the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers to the program location office and forwards them to SOS CVE National Office
- Ensuring that transactions are properly coded, and if applicable, expense allocations are properly made.
- Checking payment requests against approved budget lines.
- Undertaking basic financial analysis (i.e. budget variance) to support project information needs.
- Ensuring proper filing (electronic or hard copy) of grants financial reports are kept secure in field office.
- Monitoring budget expenditures and maintaining proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
- Facilitating & following up travel advances and their settlements.
- Preparing staff payroll & updating payroll information
- Maintaining proper and confidential filing of financial related documents
- Maintaining assets list under custody of Project staffs and preparing asset quarterly report as part of donor’s report.
- Maintaining an up-to-date list of inventory of the project and supporting annual physical verification
- Ensuring that monthly Cash Count and bank reconciliation reports are submitted to National Office on time.
- Maintaining proper office asset register and project Inventory List
- Checking incoming invoices for office utilities, plane ticket, hotel, telephone, tell bill and other fees and arrange for payment
- Following and arranging for monthly withholding tax payments;
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- Diploma /BA Degree in Accounting
- Good Understating of Basic computer Software
- 4-2 years’ relevant work experience
- Prior European Union Funded programs/projects experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity in cross-cultural communications.
- Ability to collect and analyse financial and other data in a clear and coherent manner
- Ability to organize and manage one’s own work with ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to work with children or vulnerable people in an appropriate and safe manner in accordance with the SOS CVE Child Protection Policy
- Accounting software knowledge
Excited to take on a new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."