|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Malaria and NTDs program are a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH seeks a Project Accountant for the multi-year USAID-funded “Surveillance for Malaria Elimination” (S4ME) activity in Ethiopia. The S4ME activity will support Ethiopia’s NMEP to achieve their goals and objectives of sub-national malaria elimination, particularly to attain near zero malaria deaths and eliminate malaria in selected low transmission areas.
The Project Accountant will, under the strategic direction and technical support from Director of Finance and Administration, be responsible for preparing and reviewing financial documents like travel, workshop, subcontracts, and reports from subgrantee’s. S/he will be responsible to ensure consistent application of relevant finance and operations policies and procedures to ensure effective project implementation as well as compliance with donor, PATH and country rules and regulations.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the day to day recording of financial transactions of the project
- Be responsible for the timely data entry & compilations, financial reporting, and documentations of the project financial transactions
- Plan, implement, monitor, and report on project financial management
- Follow up and assist in the timely settlement of staff perdiem, work advances, review travel expense reports to ensure that they have complete documentation, accurate, and comply with applicable policies and internal procedures.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate project designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Ensure monthly project cash flow projections are submitted on time and check for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure PATH and donor financial policies, guidelines and requirements are respected by implementing partners
- Identify capacity constraints of partners for effective implementation reporting on financial aspects of the project and initiate relevant capacity building interventions in collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration
- Maintain close working relationships with partner finance staffs
- Compile monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual financial reports of the project finance in accordance with the donor and sub-award agreement
- Prepare and implement the project fixed asset and goods received registry and disposition systems of the project in collaboration with the Country Finance and Administration team
- Ensure the project financial statements and relevant documents are compiled & audited on time
- Support partners to establish and prepare standard and proper accounting system including appropriate format in compliance with PATH procurement and financial regulation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA Degree in Accounting
- At least five years of experience working for an international NGO
- Experience with international donors such as USAID is preferred
- A strong financial and accounting skill, experience using ERP is desired.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, and e-mail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with close attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic language.