|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH), Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is a child safe organization and all successful applicants will be required to sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. The safety and wellbeing of children and at-risk adults are priorities of MSD. The organization provides a safe environment in all its programs and activities. It has strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in its programmes
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the following position
Under the supervision of the Grant and Finance Officer he/ she is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete financial records in accordance with International Accounting Practices and MSD’s Accounting, Financial Policies and Procedures and Donors especial requirements. He/she also monitors the accuracy and completeness of project offices financial document
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support to accountants and project cashier working at Area Office and Project Offices;
- Assists project cashiers to comply with financial management policies and procedures of MSD;
- Ensures monthly payrolls for all staff are prepared according to policies and procedures of MSD;
- Enters/post all financial data into the accounting system;
- Prepare financial report of the projects in consultation with a senior accountant and share for immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the timely settlement of payroll tax, pension, staff provident fund and other obligations;
- Ensures that all unused official documents and vouchers of the organization are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity;
- Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Ensures that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget ;
- Processes payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
- Ensures that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
- Ensures all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
- Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments in consultation with immediate supervisor;
- Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required : 1 ( One )
Duty Station : Addis Ababa
Term of Employment: 1 year with possible extension based on performance and availability of funds
- BA in accounting and finance or related field.
- 4 years of work experience in relevant field.
- NGO work experience will add significant values (USAID funded project will add value)
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Detail analytical and interpretation skills of financial data
- Competency in computer applications, email, excel and Microsoft offices;
- Knowledge of accounting software/Peachtree accounting software