|Location||Somali, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2019|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is responsible for the effective management of the CCM financial database through regular recording, reconciling of financial records. This position is required to interact extensively with the finance and accounts department staff from national office as well as project office.
This position reports to the Senior Accountant and/or Country Administrator /Project Coordinator and receives written and verbal direction from one of these individuals.
This position does not supervise or direct any staff (no direct reports). This position receives indirect guidance from:
- Staffs from Program department at field level
Nature of work and job scale:-
Freedom to Act:
This position has work originating from:
- From all CCM departments
This position provides work to the following individuals, groups and/or departments:
- CCM Country Representative
- CCM Country Administrator / CCM Project Coordinator
The work performed by this position is typically reviewed or approved while in progress and when competed by the Country Administrator &/or Project Coordinator
This position has access to the following procedures and/or manuals to assist with completing his/her work:
- Procurement procedure
- Other financial procedure and schedule
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for CCM projects; preparation of all types of vouchers;
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in NPS (this is accounting software); travel claims, loans and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required;
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables and Payables for CCM Admin and projects and recording the monthly transaction in NPS (accounting software); report to Country Office,
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents according to the Budget Line for each project including the admin office.
Ensures proper cash management system functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Handle petty cash fund and timely review of cash position for admin and project accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements & advice the Project Coordinator.
- Timely identification and recording of receipts for transfers from Country Office (CO);
- Timely replenished the petty cash fund;
- Timely and accurate preparation of petty cash count and bank reconciliations for all projects, plus reconcile the same with the NPS;
- Prepare Travel and Business advance to project staffs according to the activities or based on the request initiated & approved by the project coordinators and prepared the payment vouchers accordingly,
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathering and disseminating information, Maintains databases; Prepares timely inputs to reports.
Other duties :
- Prepare withholding tax to the proper government office on time as per their requirements monthly, and retain a copy and file properly.
- Responsible to pay on time staff Pension Fund and Income tax, and responsible to handle the same documents in a separate folder,
- Responsible to scan documents upon request by the HQ/CO,
- Record and update supplier list,
- One Based in Filtu (Liben zone) in Somali Region, duration 12 months
- One Based in Negelle, Oromia Region Duration 12 months with a possibility of renewal
- Project Coordinator
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player
- Encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the financial resources management and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Minimum qualification/experience requirements
- Education: - Degree specialized in Accounting and/or Finance from recognized University or Degree in Business or Public Administration is a requirement,
- Experience: - At least 5 years of relevant finance/accounting experience is required for Degree Experience in the usage of accounting software and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience knowledge of accounting dBase system i.e., NPS desirable.
- Language requirement: - Fluency in English and national language of the duty station, both oral and written, is required; working knowledge of other NGOs environment is an asset.