|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) is a non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established by an Act of Parliament (Proclamation No. 783/2013) as an independent body. It provides evidence-based advice to policy makers and other stakeholders, conducts consensus studies, promotes excellence in research, offers capacity-building training, organizes public dialogues, disseminates pertinent scientific, cultural, historical and educational information, and encourages innovations in the sciences and technology. The Academy has experience managing different International and National project funds, which are tapped automatically. Currently, the academy plans to implement a support program project for transforming the Ethiopian Universities of Applied Sciences. Therefore, the Academy is seeking an applicant for Project assistant position particularly for this program.
According to the differentiation document of Ethiopian Ministry of Education (MoE), 15 higher education institutions are categorized as applied science universities (UAS). The project is expected to contribute to the transformation process of these universities. EAS will conduct three series of capacity building training packages in the selected UAS to transform them into the level of the University of Applied Sciences. Also, organize a common platform for the industry sector and UASs.
Your Tasks / Responsibilities
- assist the coordinator in the overall implementation of project activities, report, TOR and contract management, liaison with consultants, event organization, and overall project communication, and outreaching.
- Gather, compile and analyze data and information to support the implementation, and decision-making processes of the Project.
- Ensure that all required information/data is made available for project appraisal, monitoring, evaluation, and decision-making.
- Creates and maintains formal communication channels with the relevant stakeholders (MoE and STEP-UAS team)
- Initiate, process, and follow up on the implementation of contract agreements with various organizations/experts as part of project implementation actions.
- Assist the organization of training, consultative seminars, workshops, forums, etc., as required.
- Assist in the knowledge management and documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from project implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the project coordinator.
Assignment Period: 24 months
Job Requirements and Qualification / Skills
- BSC, and above in project management, economics, developmental study, or any related Social Sciences field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience, out of which 1 year in a project assistant position preferably in a project.
- Demonstrated technical experience in project management including planning, reporting, event organization, contract management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Good writing and reporting skills in English
- Strong communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of ICT/IT- communication technologies and MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)