|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Position Title||Project Assistant MM/MHPSS x 4|
|Duty Station||Shire (1), Mekelle (2), Gondar (1)|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||02.07.2021 – 15.07.2021|
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant - MHPSS and the overall supervision of the MHPSS programme Officer, the successful candidate will support the implementation of MHPSS program in the target areas. In particular, he/she will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participate in implementing effective and culturally appropriate psychosocial activities and interventions at the community level.
- Organize psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising sessions , and monitor referred cases receive appropriate support.
- Provide basic psychosocial support to identified individuals/groups and families.
- In collaboration with the MHPSS project assistant, explore and detect potential GBV risk and factors influencing mental health status of the target population and assist community volunteers to organize recreational activities.
- Collaborate and participate, in any field survey, data collection and/or needs assessment organized by IOM in relation to MHPSS.
- Ensure awareness sessions related to COVID are provided as per the recommended guideline.
- Attend supervision sessions.
- Execute any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Pscyhology, Counselling, Social Work or any other related fields or Social Science course from an accredited academic institution.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant and progressive clinical experience
- Proven experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Counselling, Protection and Social Work activities targeting IDPs/returnees and refugees
- Previous training on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, PFA, Child Protection and SGBV is advantageous.
- Knowledge of emergency projects and activity monitoring and reporting.
- Experience working in partnership with community, government and international organizations.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively and persuasively present information in a variety of settings and formats.
- Skilled in organizing daily tasks and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions such as tight timelines and managing large groups of beneficiaries.
- Strong analytical, organizational, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of the local language of duty station is desirable.
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 15 July, 2021 the latest, referring the position title, vacancy number and the duty station in the subject line of your email. No photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who does not follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply