|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CACH cooperates with different partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CACH has successfully been registered as an International Foreign Charity Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are the field of Economic Development, agricultural development, and food security, WASH as well as supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in southern and Eastern Oromia Region and Tigray. CaCH supports and implements currently different projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
The Project Coordinator is Reporting to the Country Director, CACH Country Office in Addis Ababa. The person selected will be the reference and the representative of the Project in the field, monitor and supervise the respective activities in order to guarantee that the objectives are met in line with the policies and strategies of CACH. The PC will also be a point of contact for project coordination with implementing partners at field and national level. At the same time, the Coordinator constantly monitor the context of the project area in order to propose adaptations in the project, propose new interventions, and react to emergencies. The PC must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to project sites.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Represent CACH in the project area in relation to all project matters
- Present, explain and defend CACH project to secure the agreement of regional, Zonal and woreda level government offices; and secure the collaboration of woreda sector offices during the implementation of the project;
- Point of contact for national level project coordination, represent CACH in Project Implementation Team (PIT) and the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
- Represent CACH and the project at national and international level platforms and meetings.
- Liaise with other potential local and national actors, private sector, community institutions for collaboration and attainment of project goal; Actively attend and contribute to Zone and woreda level NGO forums;
Periodic project planning activities at the project level
- Lead coordinated planning process of the project with the project managers of co-implementing partners;
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly detail implementation plan (DIP) based on government and donor formats
Project implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Facilitate disbursement of funds for timely procurement, labor mobilization, transportation and supervision of project activities;
- Translate DIPs into daily and weekly activity plan that can be clearly understood and followed by the project team;
- Compile an overall bi-annual and annual report for CACH internally the GoE and for (back) donors;
- Revise reports as per the comments of CACH Country Director;
Provide Leadership and Resource management
- Supervise, coach and motivate staffs assigned in the project and required involve in hiring and firing of project staffs with the consultation of CD/ DCD;
- Resolve routine problems as per the staff regulation and refer to difficult ones to the next superior as deemed necessary;
- Facilitate the different missions and follow-up visits from partners within the consortium, consultants and other actors involved.
- Actively participate in the development, documentation and sharing of knowledge regarding the activities carried out.
- Ensure regular communication with project managers at the international level.
- Asses the security situation of the project area and ensure adherence to local security guidelines of CACH by all project staff;
- Be responsible for overall project finance management and management of the bank accounts together with Project accountant;
- Make period transfer requests based on expenditure forecast;
- Approve local payments in consultation with Country Director;
- In collaboration with the Finance Director ensure compliance with internal regulations and financial regulations of the country;
- Supervise the project cashier.
Duty stations will be Addis Ababa. The candidate must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to projects and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas;
- MSC/BSC in Water and Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, and other relevant Environment field of studies. Specialization on Agri-business, value chain and rural marketing are advantageous.
- At least seven years of relevant work experience in rural development project out of which two years in managerial position with responsibility for the program implementation and resource management; and at least with three years experience in similar positions.
- Experience in negotiation, coordination and leading a process that involves various actors at a local level;
- Experience in implementing community based projects; ability to liaise activities with various actors, with different interest and in different places;
- full command of the Local working language and English is Mandatory
- Experience in project cycle management such as practical experience in project identification, proposal writing, monitoring, report writing, etc.;
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of a community;
- Good knowledge and experience of accompanying partner-managed projects;
- Assessment, analytical and planning skills;
- We expect a high degree of Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills; and
- Ability to work well in a team of various partners, national and international level
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is April 06, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application to be sent to: E-mail: email@example.com