|This role has a responsibility to coordinate and support the Building Sills for Sustainable Livelihoods for Youth Project on a day-to-day basis to contribute to the delivery of the project at the quality and outcome desired and as per the time and budget specifications.|
Number of posts: 1
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- University Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Work or other related field of study.
- Five years related work experience in project management of which at least three years shall be in NGO.
- Proven project management experience which includes project designing, implementation, coordination, provision of technical guidance to partners including monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Good understanding of the relevant sector country systems and working relationship with or experience in government bureaus.
- Prior experience as an entrepreneur running self/group business or any business.
- Satisfactory knowledge of the local context of the project implementation area, i.e. Benshgul Gumuz, Assosa and familiarity with social, economic, political and other determinants of young people in the region particularly in Assosa city.
- Knowledge of local languages of the target area which include Amharic, Gumuz, Shinashigna
- Knowledge of local context and specific issues of youth livelihoods. Fully aware about the refugee and host community youth patters of livelihoods.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and able to interact with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
Education and Experience
University Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Work or other related field of study.
- Five years related work experience in project management of which at least three years should be in NGO.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
|VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.|
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org